PACKING PROCESS OPERATIVES - ILCHESTER / TEMP - PERM ASSIGNEMNT - £1,000 BONUS AVAILABLE AFTER TAKEN PERMANENT/ EXCELLENT OVERTIMES RATES
gap personnel (operating as an employment business) are currently recruiting for packing process operatives for our well known client, Norseland, based in Ilchester, Somerset.
Norseland are a leading speciality cheese supplier in the UK with nearly 60 years of product experience and development, supplying their product to all of the UK’s leading supermarkets aswell as international markets across the globe including the United States, Europe and Australasia.
Due to the location of this site we would require you to have your own transport but no previous experience within a similar role is required, full training will be provided!
The role will consist of working in various packing departments where you will be responsible for:
- Working on a packing line and following client specific packed designs
- Making up packing boxes and ensure items are packed as per required volumes
- End of line duties to include weighing, palletizing, shrink wrapping and labelling
- Quality control checks of products for defects, damage, mislabelled, metal detection
The site boasts modern facilities with investment made in automated machinery as well as being able to offer 50% of its temporary workforce for 2020 permanent job opportunities.
The shift and pay rates are:
- Shift pattern Monday - Friday 6am – 2pm / 2pm – 10pm)
- Basic Rate - £10.00 increasing to £10.69 per hour after full training is complete
- Overtime Rate - £20.00 per hour
- £1000 Welcome Bonus available once taken on permanent contract
The site offers superb benefits to all of its workforce such as:
- Included in all cheese sales and offers.
- Team pizza nights
- New and modern facilities
- High spec vending machines
- Free Wi-Fi on site and in all canteen’s areas
- Free tea and coffee
- All breaks paid.
- Annual pension contribution increase after year 1
To apply for this Packing Process Operative role, please submit your CV via the 'Apply Now' button or contact our Exeter branch on 01392 273665 for more information.