|Salary:||Depending on experience|
Our client in Wrexham is currently looking for several experienced Paint Sprayers to join their team on a 3-month contract.
The role will be helping prepare parts and to apply paint coatings to aircraft components in line with specifications and customer requirements.
Duties to include:
- Cross checking the job card and paint / mixtures containers are of the correct composition and ratio according to the required customer specification prior to the application to the substrate.
- Cross checking the job card is correctly signed and stamped for all prior operations prior to carrying out any work.
- Signing off and stamp job card upon completion of work and pass to inspection.
- Checking of parts that have been masked according to specification to the appropriate engineering / treatment drawing and to mask the parts according to the job as required.
- Ensuring the application of paints and coatings to the parts are according to the customer specifications and standards.
- Ensuring the upkeep of the spraying equipment is fit for purpose and to paint / coat aircraft parts according to the correct specification as shown on the job card and to engineering drawings.
- To use relevant materials and chemicals in line with HSE and COSHH regulations and to dispose of accordingly.
- To ensure that the work details (e.g. TX No., temperatures, humidity, expiry dates etc) are logged into the work folder prior to starting any work
- Visually inspect parts for damage and to ensure the treatments process has been successful.
- Checking the paint mix has been prepared correctly.
- Apply the paint correctly to the manufacturers and customer recommendations.
- Paint must be applied by spraying a double track coat to achieve the required thickness.
Successful candidates will:
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a painting / coating environment in a in a similar industry.
- Be able to follow customer specifications.
- Attend daily SQCDP meetings, and feedback information as required.
- Maintain high standards of 6S and directly offer improvements.
- Carry out operations safely with regard to own and others safety and dispose of waste correctly.
- Ensuring compliance to company health and safety for self and others within the department
- A basic IT knowledge
Pay Rates and Working Hours:
The role will be working a 3 week shift pattern.
- Week One – Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday – Day shift 7am – 7pm
- Week Two – Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday – Night 7pm – 7am
- Week Three – Monday and Tuesday – Day 7am – 7pm Thursday and Friday - Night 7pm – 7am
Salary is depending on experience.
The gap personnel group are acting as an Employment Business.