Pay & Hours of Work:
• Days : Monday – Friday 8am-5pm
• £12-£16 per hour depends on experience
An exciting new opportunity has become available for Panel Beater to work with our client, who is a commercial vehicle accident repair and truck painting specialist based in Deeside area.
As a Panel Beater, you will be responsible for repairs vehicle bodies back to their factory state after having been damaged.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assessing a vehicle to establish the extent of damage
• Based on the initial assessment, deciding whether to repair or replace bodywork
• Removing damaged panels
• Stripping and refitting trim and panel interior
• Refitting new/repaired panels
• Repairing damaged bodywork using traditional dolly and hammer or more modern techniques
• Repairing small dents, holes or corroded areas using a compound filler
• During the repair process, specific tasks may include:
• Using jig alignment equipment
• Using a Strong Puller to pull out any damage to semi-structural vehicle parts, such as the wheel arch or the bonnet
• Using a Line Puller to pull out damage to non-structural (cosmetic) panels
• Using an Easy Puller to repair minor dents and to refine the work performed by the Strong and Line Pullers on other panels.
• A paint technician will usually be employed by the body shop but the panel technician may be expected to prepare the vehicle for them in the following way:
• Removing existing paint and corrosion
• Ensuring the area to be resprayed is clean
• Masking off the parts of the vehicle which are not going to be resprayed.
• A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
• Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
• Liaising with the customer or insurance company