|Job Type:||Temp to Perm|
gap personnel (operating as an employment business) are recruiting for a BRAND NEW SITE on Europort Industrial Estate near Castleford/ Normanton.
As a new site that has just opened, this is a great opportunity to be in with the chance to be taken perm following an inital temp period as they build up their core staff.
Our client is a well known parcel delivery company and your role will be to sort and deal with the inbound parcels, preparing them by locations & postcodes ready for delivery. Unloading deliveries, sorting parcels, moving pallets of parcels and loading into delivery vehicles will all be part of your role.
Flexibility is key here and although shifts are largely based around the following, we may need you to start earlier or finish later depending on the varying volumes coming through the site:
TWILIGHT - 12 noon to 9pm
NIGHTS - 9pm to 7am
Your first shift will start with an induction and site familarisation then you are straight into your first shift, getting to know the role.
After your first shift, the planning team will build you into the weekly rota and we will be able to confirm the rest of your shifts for the week.
THERE WILL BE WEEKEND WORKING REQUIRED - this isn't a monday to friday only role, we are looking for people that can work any day and in return we can guarantee a minimum of 4 to 5 shifts a week - that's 36-45 hours work.
TWILIGHT SHIFT - £8.72 per hour
NIGHT SHIFT - £9.22 per hour - rising to £9.40 after 12 weeks
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW:
- No jewellery to be worn onsite - only a wedding ring
- No loose clothing like scarves, drawstrings on hoodies or tops or anything that could get caught in the conveyor belt - we want to keep everyone safe!
- STOP & SEARCH is carried out at random during and at the end of your shift
WHAT ARE THE PERKS?
- Potential for a permanent job
- Lots of car parking available
- Lots of hours available
- Working for a brand that cares & invests in people