|Job Type:||Temp to Perm|
|Reference:||Part Time Payroll Clerk|
This title does not limit your duties and the Company may require you from time to time to do work within your capacity as long it is safe for you to do so.
Place in the Organisation.
This position directly reports to the Finance Director.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of wages and salaries.
- To ensure the accurate recording of all wages, salaries and HR information.
- To gather all appropriate data for new starts, including eligibility to work, and related HR duties
- To gather appropriate data from the time recording system and review for accuracy.
- To resolve all payroll queries as and when they arise.
- To ensure the accurate recording on pension information and timely submission of returns and payments to the relevant authorities. (HMRC, Pensions, AOE, Childcare vouchers)
- To ensure all statutory deductions are made in accordance with current legislation and all liabilities arising from those deductions are recorded accurately and paid to the relevant bodies in the correct time frame.
- To maintain accurate records of all relevant HR data such as, but not limited to, sickness, lates, absenteeism and highlight any issues, where appropriate to the relevant manage/director.
- To oversee the Time and Attendance system assisting managers/employees when necessary with queries, including, but not limited to, updating holiday entitlements, sick pay and new starter details.
Experience of payroll processing and knowledge of statutory requirements necessary.
Able to work under own initiative.
Meet deadlines whilst working under pressure.
Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Ensure that all business is conducted in an ethical, legal and professional manner as required by company policy and external statute or law.
In order to fulfil the role it may be necessary to work extra hours beyond the normal requirement at specific times, e.g. month end, business deadlines.
Other Key Competences
Work independently or part of a team.
Deliver results and improved performance.