|Salary:||Up to £23,000 DOE|
Are you a Payroll Administrator looking for your next challenge in a busy, fast-paced environment?
gap personnel are looking to appoint an attentive and self-motivated Payroll Administrator to join the well-established Payroll Department within our Head Office in Chester. This is a varied, exciting, hands-on opportunity for an enthusiastic self-starter who has a solid understanding of all Payroll functions and previous experience working in a fast-paced department handling high volume weekly payroll processing.
- Support the timely and accurate processing of approximately 9000+ temporary workers each week across a multi-site business.
- Input weekly annual leave requests and maintain holiday pay records in line with legislation.
- Process deductions following up to date legislation and maintain records of regular deductions as necessary.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records.
- Problem solve and advise workers regarding payroll related queries in a professional manner.
- Issue payroll documents (payslips, P45s, P60s, P11s, etc) weekly or as requested.
- Ensure compliance to all necessary legislation including National Minimum/Living Wage, GLAA and GDPR.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with the wider company network.
- Adhere to payroll policies and procedures and comply with relevant law.
- Honour the confidentiality of employees' pay records.
The ideal candidate
- Superb attention to detail with the ability to work logically and use own initiative to resolve payroll issues.
- A commitment to the highest quality of output and a high degree of accuracy.
- Good time management and planning skills and a strong ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels within the business.
- Able to provide exceptional customer service with a focus on discretion and confidentiality.
- IT literate with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft applications and an intermediate level in Excel.
- Up to date working knowledge of HMRC legislation, Statutory Payments, RTI, Pensions, GDPR and all other payroll related legislation.
- Must be able to drive as visiting other branch locations will be required.
- A CIPP, or similar, payroll qualification is advantageous.
What do you get in return?
- Hybrid working with a mixture of office and home working once fully trained.
- 25 days paid holiday per year, plus bank holidays.
- Your birthday off.
- Corporate annual awards ceremony with fantastic prizes.
- Access to a range of health & wellbeing initiatives to help you balance work, family, and personal life including counselling and wellbeing services.
- Annual Personal Development and Wellbeing Allowance
- A fantastic working environment, working with colleagues that are passionate about the job they do and company they work for.
- Free onsite parking.
Interested? Please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is: by close of business on Friday 24th June 2022. gap personnel invites applications from all members of the community, irrespective of age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, race, religion/belief, disability, gender reassignment, or pregnancy/maternity.