Who are gap personnel?
gap personnel group are a leading industrial provider in the UK, supplying temporary, contract and permanent workers to companies across the industrial sectors. We offer nationwide coverage across seven major regions through high-street branches, specialist divisions and onsite managed solutions. Our clients range from market-leading multinationals through to SMEs and start-ups. We payroll 9,000 temporary workers each week and cover more than 2 million shifts per year.
Are you an experienced Payroller looking for your next challenge in a busy, fast-paced environment?
gap personnel are looking to appoint an experienced and self-motivated Payroll Administrator to join the well-established Payroll Department within our Head Office in Wrexham. This is a varied, exciting, hands-on opportunity for an enthusiastic self-starter who has a solid understanding of all Payroll functions and previous experience working in a fast-paced department handing high volume weekly payroll processing.
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of approximately 2000 temporary workers each week.
- Input weekly annual leave requests and maintain holiday pay records in line with legislation.
- Process deductions following up to date legislation and maintain records of regular deductions as necessary.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records.
- Problem solve and advise workers regarding payroll related queries in a professional manner.
- Issue payroll documents (payslips, P45s, P60s, P11s, etc) weekly or as requested.
- Ensure compliance to all necessary legislation including National Minimum/Living Wage, GLAA and GDPR.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with wider company network.
- Adhere to payroll policies and procedures and comply with relevant law.
- Honour the confidentiality of employees' pay records.
The ideal candidate:
- Superb attention to detail and ability to work logically and use own initiative to resolve payroll issues.
- A commitment to the highest quality of output and a high degree of accuracy.
- Good time management and planning skills and a strong ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels within the business.
- Able to provide exceptional customer service with a focus on discretion and confidentiality.
- IT literate with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft applications and an intermediate level in Excel.
- Up to date working knowledge of HMRC legislation, Statutory Payments, RTI, Pensions, GDPR and all other payroll related legislation.
- Must be able to drive as visiting other branch locations will be required.
- A CIPP, or similar, payroll qualification is advantageous.
What do you get in return?
- Being part of a company that lives by their core values and invests in its employees - we currently hold 1* Best Companies to Work For status and Investors in People Gold.
- 25 days paid holiday per year, plus bank holidays.
- Your birthday off
- Corporate annual awards ceremony with fantastic prizes.
- Access to our rewards and recognition platform Perkbox, which in addition to a variety of discounts and benefits guarantees you a free Café Nero coffee each week, and a free pair of Odeon tickets each month.
- Access to private medical and dental insurance
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to continue developing a career with one of the UK’s leading industrial recruiters. Should you be interested, please submit your up to date CV without delay as our closing date is 18.11.2019. The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.