|Contact Name:||Rebecca Brown|
Plant HSE Manager
Our client currently has an opportunity for an experienced professional to support the Bishopstoke site with all Health, Safety and Environmental matters necessary for product quality, legislative compliance, safe methods of working, statutory requirements and the protection of employees, plant and property. The role reports primarily to the Bishopstoke Plant Manager and has secondary reporting lines to the UK HSE Manager.
- Application of HSE procedures and operational instructions appropriate to local conditions regarding H&S and environment.
- Managing, monitoring and collecting data related to waste management (transfer notes, hazardous waste), energy, gas and water consumption, environmental permits.
- Agreeing with the UK HSE Manager the annual HSE targets and implementation programme at plant level in line with the Country vision and strategy on HSE and Sustainability.
- Communication, training and instruction on general HSE-management matters and specific job related HSE issues. Ensure integration of HSE awareness within the broader sustainability approach of the Country/Group.
- Ensuring supervision and enforcement of HSE rules and regulations in line with UK Corporate guidance and legislation.
- Monitoring environmental and H&S legislation changes and implementing changes as needed.
- Reporting on HSE Factory performance (LTA's, near misses, etc) via the Blumatica tool (Management, analysis and registration of events) while providing recommendations for improvement.
- Supporting the Plant Manager in the management of all HSE aspects/impacts related to the site production activities and products.
- Implementation and maintenance of the concepts for occupational safety, health and environmental protection.
- Monitoring, evaluating and analysing effectiveness of the HSE Plans/System and proposing improvement actions.
- Executing Plant HSE tours as well as Behavioural safety observations tours. Train the broader workforce to conduct such tours.
- Ensuring statutory medical checks are conducted in compliance with Legislation.
- Implementing safe systems of work including procedures to address emergency preparedness and response.
- Coordinating with the HSE Representative of contractors and subcontractors for the correct management of works performed on site according to company procedures.
- Organizing HSE meetings at Site level and participating to HSE meetings at Country level.
- Reporting and investigating accidents, incidents, diseases, dangerous occurrences and Near Misses in accordance with company procedures.
- Holding appropriate meetings to conduct specific investigations and to review any related corrective actions or HSE recommendations of improvement raised. Monitor any trends and work with the broader team to address them.
- Chairing the HSE Committee on site.
- The role is also responsible for the implementation and maintenance of two Management systems: ISO 45001 and ISO 14001, so execution of Integrated Management System audits together with facilitation of external audits is expected. This includes follow-ups to non-conformities and observations, documentation control for both systems and execution of management reviews.
- Candidates should be educated to degree level in an engineering or other technical discipline with proven experience working in a similar role, ideally within a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of HSE legislation and good practice is essential with a formal Health and Safety qualification such as the NEBOSH Diploma.
- QHSE Internal auditor certification as a minimum.
- Able to demonstrate strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills, as well as working in a cross-functional team.
- A results-driven, resilient and passionate individual with a desire to make a positive impact in the organisation.
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 06/02/2022