We are looking for a Plating Technician in the Wolverhampton Area with Immediate starts.
Pay- £36,000 to £37,000 per annum depending on experience.
Shifts- 40 hrs per week, shifts 13.30 – 22.00 must be flexible to cover days, afternoons and nights if required.
Main duties and responsibilites:
- Monitor and record process parameters.
- Recognise, remedy or report variations on process parameters. Investigate causes of variation and implement corrective action plans to prevent recurrence.
- Produce and maintain work instruction sheets for all processes and operations.
- Conduct regular plant process and procedure audits.
- Monitor and report internal scrap rates.
- Recognise, rectify or report any trends in rejects and other quality issues.
- Develop quality plans for the plating and inspection of parts and carry out visual and performance checks as required.
- Undertake laboratory analysis as required.
- Liaise with external suppliers regarding maintenance, repair and improvement plans.
- Liaise with others as required and assist as necessary in resolving any quality or production issues.
- Recognise and report failings in skills, equipment or procedures.
- Maintain good communications and relationships throughout the company.
- Ensure compliance with company procedures and make suggestions for improvement.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment and good housekeeping standards.
Key Result Areas:
- Maintenance of process parameters.
- Internal reject rates.
- Preventive and corrective action plans.
What you need:
- Time served in the electro plating industry (chrome, nickel gold)
- 10-15 years’ experience as a Plating Technician
- Strong chemistry and mathematical background
- Ability to work shifts – fundamental
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Plating/ metal finishing experience
To apply, please call 01902 422 940 or email email@example.com with your CV and the reference 'PlatingTech'