gap personnel operating as a recruitment business are currently recruiting for 3 PPT (powered pallet trucks) drivers for a large distribution centre in Cribbs Causeway, BS34
Our client is an expert in the logistics & transportation of ambient and chilled products which are distributed throughout the UK supermarkets chain. PPT drivers are essential team members and form part of a dedicated warehousing team to ensure that all products are unloaded and loaded onto multiple transporters throughout the day and night.
Reporting directly to the Operations Support Manager to will be responsible for the following:
- Unloading of pallets using PPT and moving stock to holding bays
- Ensure items are placed in correct loading bays
- Report any immediate product defects or damage
- Loading of multiple pallets using PPT onto lorries ready for distribution
- Follow all site safety and operating procedures and policies at all times.
- Experience of using PPT previously
- Ability to work in an ambient/chilled environment
- Flexibility required on working shift plans to meet customer needs
- Able to complete an 8 hour induction (paid) to demonstrate your use and knowledge of a PPT
The working hours are across a 7 day working period where you will have the opportunity to pick your core shifts. Shifts will be either 6am-6pm/6pm-6am or 7pm-7am/7am-7pm.
The role is an ongoing temporary contract and we are looking to recruit PPT drivers that are able to demonstrate their commitment to the business through their attendance and working performance during their assignment. The hourly pay rate is £8.75 per hour (day shift) and £9.25 per hour (night shift)
Applications must be received within 14 days of the advert placement.
gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.