|Contact Name:||Marlena Kostecka|
EXCITING PERMANENT OPPORTUNITY!!
gap personnel (operating as an employment business) are proud to be representing our client based in the Deeside area. We’re currently recruiting for a Printer – Flexographic to join their team immediately on a permanent basis.
Pay & Hours of Work
- 24/7 shift pattern, average of 42 hours a week, days or nights 12 hours
- £29,055 per annum
·Set up and operate print machinery to optimmum levels in a safe working manner, ensuring that the machinery and surrounding area are maintained in line with required health, safety, environmental, hygiene and housekeeping standards. Ensure that all spills are logged and cleaned immediately. Ensure colleagues working on the press are also operating in a safe way and are aware of and understand the required operating standards.
·Deliver and sign off work in line with production orders, proactively monitoring and controlling print quality.
·Ensure compliance with regulatory standards e.g. BRC, ISO & A2 permit.
- Carry out print inspections & troubleshoot issues with the printing press or print quality. Specifically, identify all non-conformities and correct deficiencies by liaising with the Shift Manager. Seek additional guidance from colleagues in Technical and Quality when required.
·Maintain lean manufacturing priniples including 5s and SMED. Participate in continuous improvement initiatives within Production.
·Complete all paperwork and electronic data in a timely manner. Complete change request forms if a change needs to be made or an error is found.
·Complete shift handovers, ensuring the press is in an appropriate operational condition and that the next shift has been briefed on where production is up to and any other relevant production issues.
·Ensure you are on plan and have the next job ready and waiting for your next colleagues on shift – minimise machine downtime between shifts by making full use of the eXact Spectro and IFS6.
·Optimise press change over and run speed. Specifically, ensure that waste is kept to a minimum during print runs.
·Work with the Ink Technician to optimise colour matching time.
- Collaborate with colleagues in other areas e.g. Print Support & Engineering to maintain production standards.
- Assist with the training and ongoing development of colleagues, in particular Print Assistants. Share knowledge and best practice with colleagues, in particular to help achieve improvements in production and quality standards.
- Display flexibility to support other areas of Production as and when required.
- Fully trained Flexographic Printer – relevant Print NVQ Level 2 or 3 an advantage
- Additional qualifications e.g. fire safety, first aid etc. an advantage but not essential
- Good level of literacy and numeracy, preferably GCSE level in English and Maths or equivalent
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, please send your CV through to email@example.com or call the Flint Branch on 01352 762213.
gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on the suitability for the job.