The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
Gap Personnel (operating as an employment business) are currently recruiting for Process Engineer, based in Exeter, Devon.
We are looking for candidates with drive, enthusiasm and great attitude to join an evolving, growing family run business, that are looking for long term permanent opportunity with great benefits including internal progression and job security.
This is a permanant role, Monday - Friday, various shifts available.
The Process Engineer/Administrator is responsible for supporting the Processing Engineering Manager with all tasks relating to the creation, updating and amending of technical work instructions. Assisting New Product Introduction with establishing Processing Techniques and Tooling to create and maintain the most efficient and productive methods of processing parts.
- Creation, updating and amending of technical work instructions of all kind.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant spec, customer orders and internal procedures.
- Identify tooling and measuring equipment needed to fulfil customer orders and ensure the appropriate equipment is in place prior to the processing of parts.
- Ensuring a safe working environment for personnel and ensure health and safety is followed at all times.
- Working closely with production planning and control management
- Ensure that the work is undertaken in compliance with regulations, company policies, procedures and manuals.
- Maintain a team led environment, ensuring visual management systemsare maintained, standard work, 5S systems and improvement plans are adhered to.
- Development of new and existing processes to drive greater efficiency. Identification of lose making processes and improve methods of masking, jigging and plating.
- New Product Introduction Process, generating standard work and job packs.
- Liaise with the customer as and when appropriate to resolve upcoming problems of compliance or to identify most efficient process.
- Liaise with production, quality, laboratory and production-based process engineers to identify correct process and ensure compliance
The ideal candidate:
- Experience in a similar industry
- Familiar with NADCAP/ISO9100 or aerospace
- Have great communication skills
- Able to use the MS office suite of products
- Good attention to detail and dexterity
- Holiday Pay
- Overtime available
- Ongoing training
- Job Security
For more information please contact the Exeter Office.
Applications must be received within 14 days of the advert placement.
Gap Personnel Group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.