Gap Personnel Holdings Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Our Client, based in Wigston, Leicester is looking to recruit a procurement manager to join their great team in their leading aerospace company. The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a procurement professional and will be working towards a degree or CIPS qualified with a minimum of two years experience. Administration and strategic purchasing backgrounds are also desired skills to have acquired. Experience in a manufacturing organisation as well as being a strong negotiator is desired.
To coordinate and manage all purchasing activities on site, including PO administration, KPI monitoring and reporting, contract negotiation, identification of new suppliers and identification of cost saving opportunities.
To achieve the best total cost position for all external spend, the lowest sourcing risks, best supplier performances, ensuring highest efficiency of the business.
You will work closely with the plant manager, departmental managers & finance.
Your role will mainly consist of working within the office however if shop floor meetings are being held, you will be required to attend as well as supplier meetings.
Other desired background knowledge and competencies will include:
- Ability to work with people of all levels / cultures
- Approachable, with strong interpersonal skills & a collaborative approach to resolving issues
- Sound analytical abilities with a strong attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, seeking guidance when necessary
- Acts with honesty & integrity at all times
- Constantly seeks to improve processes
- Strives to develop personal skills & experience
- Confident with the ability to present information
- Strong IT skills – including Excel/word/PowerPoint.