Gap Personnel operating as an employment business are currently recruiting for 4 Industrial Operatives to join a global food manufacturer based in Portbury, Bristol.
The role is a temporary to permanent position after 12 weeks of work have been completed. The role will offer continued training and opportunities to increase skills and salary.
Applicants must be able to arrive to site at 6am for shift start, own transport is essential due to shifts worked.
Hours of work;
Weeks 1-4 will be training weeks and will work 0600-1400 Monday-Friday.
After 4 weeks of work, the shifts will change to rotating day/late shift 0600-1400/1400-2200 Monday-Friday. Overtime rates also apply after 40 hours of work.
Grade 1 Starting Pay is £9.16 per hour, salary £19,052.
Rotating shifts is paid with a 22% shift allowance £10.19, £22,859 salary excluding overtime.
Overtime pay after 40 hours is £11.45 per hour.
Estimated earnings including overtime will be £25,000
The client offers a grading system for employees, that will allow further development and increasing salary with skills.
Grade 2 pay after training starts at £11.30/£23,504 salary, including overtime rates of £16.95/£22.60, annual earnings would be approximately £28,000.
The role will be varied across Warehouse, mixing, production & packing departments. Applicants must be flexible to all areas within the factory;
Essential skills & duties depending on role & department worked;
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 25 kg due to nature of the product
- Able to work as a part of a team
- Following basic health and safety rules
- Aware of food production standards, training will be given
- Excellent attitude and work ethic, always keen to learn new skills
- Working with manufacturing machines on production lines
- End of line work, palletising finished products
- Ensuring a high standard of hygiene in line with food safety guidelines.
- Quality control of products
- Order picking of product
- May involve working with a face mask due to powder products
- Will involve working with allergens
- All roles include manual lifting of products
After going permanent, there is a host of benefits including
10% company pension scheme, opportunities to work internationally, 33 days annual holiday, Christmas off and other benefits.
Please apply today to find out more information.