gap personnel are proud to support our local, Bristol based client who are a market leader in their industry. With a recent increase in orders, the site is now looking to add an experienced production line leader to the team in preparation for their seasons peak periods.
Reporting directly to the Factory Manager you will manage the day to day accountabilities of a production line and its team of production operatives. Ensuring that the line is run to its correct level of productivity and that yield targets are met whilst ensuring that all company policies and health & safety guidelines are adhered to.
The role of the production line leader will further involve:
- Maintain a productivity target is achieved and that product is supplied for distribution on time and through full adherence to production plans.
- Ensure that the Production job sheets, planned each day, are completed for your line with the “standard” agreed with the Factory Manager/Front Line Manager.
- Ensure Guides to Productions and SOP’s for all product lines and they are kept in good order. Report any difference’s or changes to your Factory Manager/ Front Line Manager.
- Conduct basic housekeeping responsibilities ensuring that all cleaning is conducted to the required standard
- Report absence and behavioural issues to your Factory Manager/Front Line Manager.
- Continuously monitor the performance of your team and offer suggestions as to how improvements can be made
- To inspire and lead the teams in all aspects of operational improvement
- Working in conjunction with the Production Quality Team, ensure that customer specifications for all quality attributes are met.
- Act as internal coach and be able to help develop the skills of other team members within the line and act as a mentor during training
The working hours currently are: Monday to Friday – 5.30am-2pm
The salary for the role is: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum DOE
Joining this company at this time of year is perfect to ensure that you obtain the right level of training and process understanding of the site.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.