|Salary:||Up to £18,500|
Gap Professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client who are recruiting for a Production Line Leader based in Shepton Mallet on a permanent basis. Our client is one of the UK’s leading suppliers in the FMCG Market.
Hours: Currently working 08:00am – 16:00pm, will move to 06:00- 14:00pm/14:00pm – 10:00pm fixed shift. 37.5 hours with flexibility during peak season
Salary: £18,349 per annum / £9.41 per hour
The purpose of the role is to manage the day to day accountabilities of a production line and its team of production operatives. Ensuring that the line is run to its correct level of productivity and that targets are met. The role holder must ensure that the Guides to Production & Quality Attribute Sheets are adhered to, and that the companies Health & Safety requirements are met.
Maintain a productivity target is achieved and that product is supplied for distribution on time and through full adherence to production plans.
· Ensure that the Production job sheets, planned each day, are completed for your line with the “standard” agreed with the Factory Manager/Front Line Manager.
· Ensure we have Guides to Productions and SOP’s for all product lines and they are kept in good order. Report any difference’s or changes to your Factory Manager/ Front Line Manager.
· Conduct basic housekeeping responsibilities ensuring that all cleaning is conducted to the required standard
· Report absence and behavioural issues to your Factory Manager/Front Line Manager.
· Continuously monitor the performance of your team and offer suggestions as to how improvements can be made
· To inspire and lead the teams in all aspects of operational improvement
· Ensure efficient line change overs occur, between production runs, making sure all Products & Packaging are returned to the correct warehouse locations at the end of each production run with corrected quantity and pallet sheet.
· Working in conjunction with the Production Quality Team, ensure that customer specifications for all quality attributes are met.
Act as internal coach and be able to help develop the skills of other team members within the line and act as a mentor during training
Decision making Authority and Accountabilities:
Accountable for the quality of product produced by your production lines
Accountable for the accurate and timely completion of production administration in our ERP system (Foodware)
Accountable for ensuring targets are met and that your team are correctly trained on the equipment they operate
Accountable for accurately recording daily production figures on your relevant documentation and handing into the Production Office at the end of the shift.
Accountable for all product correctly returned to warehouse displaying correct pallet sheet.
Closing Date: 14th September 2019