gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000
Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30am to 16:30pm
We have a fantastic opportunity available for a Production Manager based in the Swindon area.
To be effective within this position the ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience of leadership within a manufacturing environment.
The position has a dual focus:
- To redesign and improve the production environment and work processes, to support greater productivity and more effective utilization of available resources (people and equipment)
- To manage the production order portfolio and all associated process steps to streamline the elements, reduce lead times, and better meet customer requirements.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Manage capacity utilization either staff or machines
· Develop the best layouts of production areas
· Draft timescales for the different jobs
· Liaise among different departments, suppliers and managers
· Develop training plans
· Assessing projects and resource requirements
· Ensure the Health & Safety guidelines are followed in Production Areas
· Monitor Product standards and implement quality-control programmes
· Improvement of the Process and Operating Standards
- Set up
- Internal Logistics
- Be responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment
- Confidence and strong character
- Good communication skills and team work
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Good capacity to work under pressure
- IT skills (mainly Microsoft Office)
- Problem solving skills and imagination
- Organisation and efficiency
Closing date is 15th January 2020
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future