|Salary:||£19,500 - £24,102 (D.O.E)|
|Reference:||AD / PRO-OP-STO / 03|
Gap Personnel are proud to be working with a long-established Family-owned British Dairy company who supply products Internationally.
Following period of huge expansion, they are looking to recruit Production Operatives on a permanent basis.
Hours and Salary (D.O.E)
6am-2pm - £19,500 - £20,085
2pm-10pm - £21,450 - £22,093
10pm – 6am - £23,400 - £24,102
(Please note, these are all fixed/set shifts)
Reporting to the Zone Leader, operating multi skilled tasks while ensuring efficient production that achieves agreed KPI's.
You will be required to efficiently operate and maintain production machinery to manufacture quality products and ensure that production processes function at their optimum level, to minimise disruption, delays and waste, whilst adhering to the required safety, legality, integrity and quality standards at all times.
This role is responsible and accountable for the delivery of Safety, Quality and Production targets for a manufacturing team. This will be achieved through coordination of Materials, Production plan, Changeovers etc; to maximise production targets; and effective, informed decision making.
- To safeguard food safety & product quality.
- Working to defined procedures.
- To demonstrate effective teamwork.
- To maintain work area standards.
- Encouraging best practice by leading by example and working towards the achievement of the team's overall objectives and standards.
- Ensuring that the factory is clean and tidy in accordance with the hygiene and cleanliness rules.
- Assist in the compliance with all relevant internal and external standards GMP, ISO, HACCP, Allergen Controls, Environmental checks, Food Safety Audits, QMS and Health & Safety.
- Advice and work with the Management team on issues that require addressing to ensure compliance with business needs in order to produce safe and legal products at the required quality within agreed budgeted targets.
- Support Food Safety through "clean as you go" and good manufacturing practice.
- Communicate issues to the Zone Leader and play an active part of any improvement plan.
- Escalate any serious issues on site to the Zone Leader.
- Monitor wastage levels within the production department which includes floor waste, energy, chemicals, ingredients, time and people and ensure agreed KPI's are met or exceeded.
Skills and Experience
- Factory and production environment experience.
- Food safety and H&S knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work as part of a team at all levels.
- Previous experience of manufacturing operations.
- Ability to communicate within a structured team.
- Ability to follow instruction and work using own initiative.
- Must be able to work calmly and professionally in challenging or high-pressure situations.
- Ideally educated to GCSE standard.
- Ability to multitask.
- Free On-site Car parking
- Starting 20 days holiday + 1 day every year up to 25 day
- 37.5 hours paid PW
To be considered for this role please either click “Apply” to submit your CV, call the branch on 01452 302852 or e-mail your CV direct to firstname.lastname@example.org