Gap Personnel (operating as an employment business) have a fantastic opportunity for you to join a fast-paced manufacturing company. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with good team working skills and a ‘can do’ attitude. Who will be able to follow instructions effectively and work on your own initiative with good communication skills. If you have the drive and ambition to succeed, our client needs you!
To include but not limited to safely and accurately sort and repair pallets/wood products in a timely manner, using the tools and equipment provided ensuring that you work at your optimum level to maximise your output and quality of the products as laid down in the works order and pallet design specification detailed by the customer.
JOB SUMMARY / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To sort and repair a wide spectrum of products to ensure that we are able, as a business, to deliver an effective and efficient service to all our customers and provide them with the products that they require on time and in full.
- Work effectively to ensure that work stations are set up to be efficient and a continuous high level of output is maintained during each shift
- To ensure that you have all necessary information required regarding quality standards and output levels to enable you to carry out your role correctly and accurately.
- To implement all necessary checks and measures during the process.
- To adhere to our Health and Safety Procedures and Policies at all times in order to maintain the required high safety standards, which includes wearing your Personal Protective Equipment when stipulated.
- To promptly identify and report any problems with equipment and machinery to your line manager.
- To undertake all tasks that are delegated to you by the Production Supervisors and the managers at the site.
- To ensure that you are productive at all times. In the event of downtime or when waiting for work to be allocated, you must ensure that you use your time effectively. This may result in you working on other benches and carrying out cleaning, maintenance and housekeeping. On occasions, you may also be asked to support production in other areas of the business.
- To work as part of a dynamic team and support team activities in a fast passed environment.
- To ensure you are wearing the issued Scott Group uniform at all times during working hours.
- To actively participate in continuous improvement activities.
- To improve efficiencies and drive out waste.
- Demonstrates a high level of Health and Safety awareness.
- Has excellent attention to detail and drive to constantly maintain high standards.
- Works effectively with others
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
- Has excellent time keeping and attendance record.
- Has a can-do attitude.
Pay Rate: £8.21 per hour.
Hours of work:
0730 – 1630, Monday – Friday. Candidates must be flexible to work overtime on Saturdays.
To apply, please submit your CV or alternatively please call gap personnel on: 01443 843499
Gap Personnel Group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgments solely on suitability for the job.
Closing date for the application is the 6th of December 2019.