The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
Gap Personnel Group are acting as an employment agency and we are looking to recruit Production Operative for our prestigious client in Blackburn.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsible for assembly and packing medical devices by following defined work instructions and
standards inside and outside the cleanroom areas. This includes quality control and the reporting of
issues to production management and Quality Control.
• Follow the Personnel Cleanliness Handbook to ensure controlled entry and exit from the
Cleanrooms in order to minimise risks of contamination.
• Assembly of medical devices, packing within the cleanroom and boxing into delivery cartons as per
defined work instructions and standards.
• Support the Quality Control function in their regular monitoring of work in progress and highlight
quality issues to them and to production management.
• Adhere to cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practice) by following controlled documentation,
signing and dating relevant production batch paper work and by maintaining all manufacturing,
quantity and quality records accurately and legibly.
• Check component GRN numbers and quantities versus pick lists and highlight issues to production
• Check first-offs for accuracy and quality to prevent repeatable faults.
• Work to a set quality standard and meet personal daily production targets.
• Assist and maintain a lean, tidy organized working environment throughout the room following
procedures for cleaning and recording of cleaning activities.
• Report unsafe practices or equipment and communicate problems to senior operatives, supervisor
or production manager.
• Perform any additional tasks as required by the job role from time to time.
3 ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Attend training and presentations to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
• Follow procedures for weekly paid staff regarding site entry and exit procedures and the recording of
absences or additional hours worked.
• Where sufficiently experienced act as a “buddy” to inexperienced production staff when requested by
PAY RATE £8.30/h, can be promoted after 3 months to senior role at £9.25/h
Working hours are Mon till Thur 7.45 am to 16.15 pm, Friday 7.45 am. to 13.15 pm
• Sufficiently good understanding of written and spoken English to enable communication with
colleagues and to understand written instructions.
• Sufficient numeracy to accurately count materials, capture test results and generate basic
summary information such as totals and percentages.
• Good team working skills, evidenced by willingness to support other team members and production
management in the smooth running of the cleanroom.
• Ability to read, understand and work with detailed visual aids process flows and assembly
• Ability to use various hand tools required for assembling medical devices.
• Ability to provide concentrated visual and mental attention within a production environment which
involves performing multiple repetitive operations.
• Physical capability to sit and stand at work station up to 8 hours/day.
• Have no allergies to chemicals and solvents.
• Able to wear cleanroom attire.
• Able to comply with standards of cleanliness required: no make up, no exposed jewellery or
piercings, no hair gel, no exposed facial hair).
• Basic knowledge of Quality Control.
• Basic knowledge of hygiene and microbiological controls.
• Prior experience of working in a regulated industry where production is closely managed to defined
procedures, work instructions and work standards.
• Prior experience of working in a medical devices business.
Employer Pension Contribution: Above the rates established by law (total contribution of 8% instead of 5%).
Annual Leave (30 days including public holidays) plus additional day of annual leave for each completed year of service
Development opportunities and training
Employee Assistance Program (EAP): A free and confidential service to all employees designed to help, prevent or resolve personal, family and workplace problems affecting that employee's well-being and job performance . The service can also be used by their immediate family (+16 ).
Annual bonus payment based on profit sharing (paid in December)
A employer-subsidised gym membership
Free milk, tea and coffee
Long service awards for 5 and 10 years of service (vouchers to spend)