|Salary:||£10.50 per hour plus overtime rates|
Production Supervisor - Meat Processing
We are looking for a Production Supervisor to work in a meat processing plant in Knutsford area – immediate start.
This is a permanent, full time position.
You will ideally have experience working in a meat processing plant before.
We are offering a competitive starting salary starting at £10.5 per hour (overtime paid at time and a half), negotiable depending on experience.
Working hours will be Monday to Thursday 5:45am-5pm and Friday 7am-12:00
Weekend work will be required on the run up to Christmas.
Your duties will include:
- To set up, supervise and lead the staff, within the allocated department achieve the tasks required.
- To ensure that all staff work effectively and efficiently, working to the company rules and regulations at all times.
- To work with the Plant Manager to ensure the effective running and control of the department and its activities.
- To produce safe, high quality and legal product in accordance with customer requirements in good time to meet company targets.
- To ensure the team has the provisions (materials, equipment etc) available in good time to achieve their tasks.
- Complete / Check the teams paperwork to ensure that it is completed correctly, clearly and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all materials and product are kept safety, free from contamination, are labelled correctly at all times to allow full traceability.
- Collection and removal of waste materials correctly, and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the production areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Undertake other duties as required
Training and Qualifications
Competent with computer systems and software.
Forklift truck licence (if Requested)
Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
Understanding of operational procedures and requirements
Role Specific Requirements
Slaughtering - Slaughter Licence
Animal Welfare training
Lairage – Animal Welfare training
Evisceration PIA certification if undertaking inspection
Cutting – Butchery training
Please apply by sending your CV to us or contacting us on 01270 581 888.