|Contact Name:||Rebecca Brown|
£27k-£29k per annum dependant on experience
Monday - Friday / 8:30am – 6:30pm
Our client based in the Wrexham area is currently recruiting a Production Supervisor to join their retail team on a permanent basis. You will be responsible for delivering performance within the factory across the shift, ensuring operational effectiveness is maximised, company and site KPI’s are met, maintaining high technical and quality standards through the development of people, processes and systems.
- Lead and manage the cutting/whole bird and retail team to ensure department is running efficiently with regards to quality, legal compliance, yield and maximise the efficiency of trussing and packing of whole bird.
- Use the travel path attached to walk area to enable full utilisation of your duties and responsibilities in an efficient manner.
- Entering the factory check overall supplies are available and that hygiene lobby is equipped, and foot baths are filled including chemicals.
- Ensure both infeed lines have the correct chicken/whole birds and are keeping a constant supply to the lines to avoid unnecessary downtime.
- Check that the process flow is being followed on the retail line along with the 60 trays per trusser every 15 minutes to monitor and improve trussing efficiency.
- To proactively deal with any breakdowns or changes in the daily plan and communicate efficiently with the Engineering team and Management.
- Ensure the required QA/PC checks are carried out at the stages of the process required.
- To ensure that hourly KPI boards are filled in on time, make decisions and take action as required. KPI data is filled in daily on the departmental scorecard.
- Ensure your area of responsibility delivers improved production efficiencies, namely output, quality, yield, labour utilisation, packaging and utilities and ensure factory variances are achieved within the specific area.
- Manage the process to ensure full optimisation of labour and the reduction of absence, labour turnover and that holiday planning is controlled within the department.
- Take responsibility for ensuring appropriate plans are in place and implemented to deliver peak production activity requirements.
- Monitor trends of all equipment to ensure they are fully functional and utilised with appropriate maintenance plans.
- Monitor and maintain all customer service levels, both internal and external.
- Provide support and guidance on projects and improvements within the factory.
- Ensuring traceability is maintained on all products and packaging within the area
- Ensuring GMP standards are understood and maintained by all staff.
- Ensuring that an adequate number of staff have key training for things such as CCP’s and that competency is maintained, and such checks are completed in full.
- Ensuring that quality standards are adhered too and that products adhere to specification throughout the process.
- Ensuring that food safety, legality and integrity is maintained at all times.
- Ensure yourself and the team observe the company’s personal hygiene requirements.
- Develop, train, coach and motivate your team in conjunction with the HR Department and Training Manager.
- Complete accurately daily register - monitoring for overtime and lateness.
- Complete accurately return to works, individual performance reviews (1-2-1s) providing feedback on their performance on a regular basis and identify training and development needs.
- Review and monitor skill levels for the shift to ensure business objectives and requirements can be met, highlighting any areas of concern to Training Manager and HR Department.
- Drive best in class standards in all people matters within area of responsibility including training, performance reviews, disciplinary and grievance issues and non-attendance.
- Previous experience of supervising/managing a team in a FMCG environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of food safety legislation and hygiene standards.
- Mechanically minded.
- Proven track record of achieving improvements within area of responsibility.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement performance whilst leading others.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to liaise with varying stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external.
- Data recording experience and computer skills.
- Self- motivated.
- Commercial acumen and financially aware.
- Life Assurance 4x Salary
- Salary Sacrifice Pension
- Free hot drinks
- £125 - Refer a friend scheme
- Holiday entitlement increase to 30 days (after 2 years) & 31 days (after 5 years)
- Fantastic new sociable communal area