|Reference:||AD / PTL - STO / 01|
Gap Personnel are proud to be working with a long-established Family-owned British Dairy company who supply products Internationally.
Following period of huge expansion, they are looking to recruit a Team Leader on a permanent basis.
Hours - Mon - Fri 10pm - 6am
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Team Leader will be responsible for the management and control of all staff on site including:
• ensuring that products are manufactured to the correct safety, legality, integrity and quality standards.
• day to day responsibility for holidays, absenteeism and training and development needs.
• ensuring efficient production that achieves agreed KPI’s.
• efficiently operate and maintain production machinery to manufacture quality products.
• carry out routine and general line operator maintenance and support the Engineering team during planned and unplanned maintenance.
• ensure that production processes function at their optimum level through the proper allocation of skills during shift periods, to minimise disruption, delays and waste, whilst adhering to the required quality standards at all times.
This role is responsible and accountable for the delivery of Safety, Quality and Production targets for a manufacturing team. This will be achieved through coordination of Materials, Production plan, Changeovers etc; to maximise production targets; and effective, informed decision making.
• Responsible for the effective operation and basic maintenance of production machinery.
• To communicate daily with the engineering team to highlight any potential engineering issues.
• To safeguard food safety & Product quality.
• Working to defined procedures.
• Demonstrating effective teamwork.
• To maintain work area standards.
• Leading a team of approximately 22 employees by encouraging and demonstrating best practice and working towards the achievement of the team’s overall objectives and standards.
Skills and Experience
• Similar role with experience of FMCG processing/filling/packing plant site services.
• Proven ability to complete basic engineering maintenance tasks and production line changeovers.
• Excellent communication skills at all levels with a strong team working ethic.
• Previous experience of manufacturing operations.
• Ability to communicate within a structured team.
• Ability to follow instruction and work using own initiative.
• Must be able to work calmly and professionally in challenging or high-pressure situations.
• Ideally educated to GCSE standard.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to coach, mentor or develop others.
• Ability to multitask.
- Free On-site Car parking
- Starting 20 days holiday + 1 day every year up to 25 day
- 37.5 hours paid PW
To be considered for this role please either click “Apply” to submit your CV, call the branch on 01452 302852 or e-mail your CV direct to firstname.lastname@example.org