Our client is dynamic, driven and totally focussed on satisfying their customers from start to finish; from innovative product development right through to consumer feedback, they seek to exceed expectation at every turn and, when recruiting, always look for like-minded individuals to join them.
As a business who proudly care about their staff, they are passionate about the development, training and job satisfaction of employees and foster a culture of acceptance and diversity that empowers individuals to achieve.
Due to continued growth, they are now looking for a self-starting Accounts Assistant with all-round Purchase/Sales Ledger experience, gained in a fast-paced environment, to join them on a permanent basis at their site in Cleckheaton.
As the site is in operation 24-hours a day, it is very important that applicants have the flexibility to work outside of standard hours on occasion when the business needs require.
£20,000 - £22,000 Per Anum.
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm / 7am - 4pm
Your responsibilities as a Purchase Ledger Clerk / Accounts Assistant are listed below:
Purchase Ledger/Sales Ledger Responsibilities:
• Filling out cover sheets for invoices as per FCPA guidelines
• Matching up invoices to purchase orders and delivery notes
• Posting invoices on NAV system
• Updating invoices received on spreadsheets
• Maintaining organised filing system and checking invoices for FCPA compliance
• Checking supplier statements against ledgers
• Dealing with supplier queries such as payment requests
• Invoice sales on the NAV system via EDI
• Ensure accuracy and integrity of invoicing processing.
• Investigate, analyse and resolve payment discrepancies
• Invoicing, payment, claims and query resolutions
• Regular reporting and analysis of Aged Debt, demonstrating recovery actions.
• Accurate sales analysis reporting on daily, weekly and monthly basis
Purchase Ledger Clerk/Accounts Assistant Duties:
• Daily factory reports on labour and repack performance
• Basic month end ledger reconciliations and posting of accruals and prepayments
• Month end balance sheet reconciliation and submission for some ledger accounts
• Daily slicing yield analysis
• Processing weekly payment run and uploading to banking systems
• Cost reporting into the weekly management accounts
Competencies required :
• Must demonstrate drive and passion in achieving set targets.
• Demonstrate resilience, be enthusiastic and motivated with a “can do will do” approach
• Brilliant execution – professional output, prompt and courteous
• Enjoy work and encourage others to do the same.
• Forward thinking with good planning skills
• Discretion and confidentiality
• Highly organised
• Clear communication style face-to-face, written and via the telephone
• Good Excel and system skills
• Relevant work experience
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Team player