|Salary:||£25,000 - £35,000 DOE|
PURCHASING & PROCUREMENT MANAGER (FMCG) / EXETER
gap personnel are currently recruiting for a purchasing & procurement manager for a leading catering company based in Devon. The company prides itself on its pricing, locality of produce and the need to go above and beyond for its customers – and no more so than in this current pandemic.
As a purchasing & procurement manager you will be responsible for the buying, negotiating and procurement of fresh, frozen and ambient products across multiple supply chains. You will be able to freely demonstrate your negotiation experience with key stake holders and provide examples of extensive costs savings previously achieved.
Responsibilities with the role:
• Be the lead for establishing the sourcing strategy across fresh and frozen categories
• Ensure best practice throughout the procurement division and multiple sectors
• Demonstrate commercial's by negotiating the best price for the products acquired
• Nurture excellent relationships with suppliers with the aim of developing long-term relationships that will help to deliver cost savings to customers
• Manage supplier delivery times and logistics
• Manage supply issues
• Negotiate improvements and discounts where agreed Service Levels are not met
• Innovate and agree new delivery schedules
• Research and approach new potential suppliers
• Negotiate new supplier terms of business
• Negotiate delivery schedules, food quantities, discount structures
• Research competitor offerings to suppliers
• Stay up to date on competitor pricing structures
The Successful Applicant
• You will currently be in a leadership role within a food manufacturer or distributor
• Buying, procurement experience essential
- IT literate, a great communicator, organised and be able to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- £25,000 - £30,000 per annum DOE
- Bonus applicable on achieving monthly and annual targets
This is predominantly an office based role although the option to work from home is also available.
As part of our ongoing battle to manage Coronavirus, all applicants will be asked a specific questionnaire and we are able to complete remote registrations to ensure all candidates are in a safe and managed environment.