Purchasing/ Materials Management Assistant
Are you experienced in Purchasing? Are you looking to further your career in Purchasing?
Gap professional is operating as an employment agency on behalf of our client who is a one of the world’s leading suppliers of high value specialist lubricants for the Automotive industry based in Stoke on Trent. An opportunity has arisen to work in the area of procurement/materials management. The day-to-day tasks in this role are likely to be varied and challenging and include daily administrative tasks.
Duties/Areas of Responsibility
The position will cover a broad area of responsibilities including:
- Daily management of raw material and packaging purchase orders to meet customer and manufacturing requirements.
- Analysis and interpretation of MRP information in order to react to changes in demand.
- Daily communication with production staff, suppliers, to ensure timely delivery of critical raw materials
- Communication of critical supplier related information to customer facing staff
- Updating purchasing and supplier information records
- Analysis of vendor performance, including tracking of non-conforming material deliveries
- Stocktaking – both physical and administrative.
- Other ad hoc administrative tasks as required
Candidates should have some experience in a purchasing function and be proficient in Microsoft office applications.
Essential candidate skills
- Accurate and numerate
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to complete tasks to strict timescales
- Excellent IT skills and ability to analyse and interpret data
- Team player
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills via face to face, phone, and email
- High attention to detail
Preferred Candidate Experience
- MRP System experience (SAP preferred),
- Previous experience working within Procurement /Materials Management environment.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment would be beneficial, but not essential
Qualifications: Educated to degree standard
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for please apply today.
Closing date is 23rd February 2020
gap professional is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future