The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
gap personnel (operating as an employment agency) are currently recruiting for our client based in the Wrexham area. We are looking for a QA Team Leader to join our client’s team immediately on a permanent basis. As Quality Assurance Team Leader, your role is to assist in maintaining a programme of quality assurance activity by ensuring that products manufactured and supplied by the company are safe, authentic legal and meet or exceed customer expectations. You will support production in regards to understanding, implementing and maintaining good manufacturing practices in both sites in accordance with the company procedures and BRC standards.
Pay & Hours of Work
Monday – Friday / 8am-4pm
£22k - £26k per annum
Ensure a safe working environment and safe working practices at all times.
· Ensure that food safety, quality and the environment are not compromised.
· Ensure all products are produced to agreed specification, within company HACCP & BRC systems.
· Ensure that all rules, procedures and policies whether written or unwritten are adhered to
· Provide guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to a group of Quality Assurance Technicians to meet site goals and objectives.
· To manage and assist with the development of an effective quality assurance system, ensuring that Quality and Food Safety are appropriately managed to meet set objectives.
· To ensure that all finished product meet agreed specifications and investigate corrective actions in circumstances that the specification is outside the agreed parameters.
· To carry out all training required to meet the requirements of the role and to support in training to enable QA technicians and operatives to effectively and efficiently maintain the quality parameters to specification.
· The coordination of external laboratory testing requirements, documentation of results, communication and corrective action of results which deviate from agreed specification.
To form part of the HACCP and internal auditing team and assist during customer and 3rd party visits.
Proficient in IT tools (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Must hold a Food Science or Technology qualification or experience in a similar role within a food manufacturing environment.
· Extensive experience and/or knowledge of food safety standards (e.g. BRC & Retailer Standards)
· Excellent communication skills and a strong eye for detail
· Basic Food Hygiene, Level 3 HACCP & Internal Auditing qualification
· A minimum of two years supervisory or management experience.
· Full UK driving license.
· Well-developed analytical and numeracy skills.
· Excellent organisation and time management skills essential, prioritising your tasks to contribute to the wider business objectives.
· Ability to take responsibility and make decisions.
· Significant understanding and interest in food manufacturing.
Ability to work under pressure and to be highly self-motivated and lead by example.
gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on the suitability for the job.