Our client based in the Wrexham area are currently looking for a QA Technician to join their team immediately on a permanent basis. As Quality Assurance Technician, your role is to assist in maintaining a programme of quality assurance activity by ensuring that products manufactured and supplied by the company are safe, legal and meet or exceed customer expectations. You will support production regarding understanding, implementing and maintaining good manufacturing practices in the factory in accordance with the company procedures and BRC standards.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Monday - Friday / 6am-2pm and 12pm-19pm rotating
- £10.62 per hour
- To manage and assist with the development of an effective quality assurance system, ensuring that Quality and Food Safety are appropriately managed to meet set objectives.
- To ensure that all finished product meet agreed specifications and investigate corrective actions in circumstances that the specification is outside the agreed parameters.
- To carry out all training required to meet the requirements of the role and to support in training to enable operatives to effectively and efficiently maintain the quality parameters to specification.
- To immediately report any incidences of poor manufacturing practice, H&S incidents or food safety concerns to any member of the Senior Management team.
- To follow and supervise safe and hygienic procedures regarding all equipment and the environment.
- To conduct environmental swabbing to verify the effectiveness of site hygiene practices and to communicate out of specification results to the QA Team Leader.
- To take ownership of the GMP audit programme and monitor the effectiveness and continuously strive to achieve the highest levels of GMP in the factory. Complete verification through environmental swabbing.
- Completion of daily monitoring of production lines and daily audits of production paperwork on and off line.
- To maintain all quality assurance and food safety records accurately and file documentation appropriately.
- To collect sample products from each day’s production and ensure retention samples are stored in an organised manner in the shelf life store.
- Ensure non-conformances issued to the department managers are followed up and completed in a timely manner.
- To complete traceability audits as required.
- To check held stock daily and to release stock when required.
- To sample and assess raw/finished products and communicate information to the production team, distribution, customer services and logistics team as appropriate.
- The coordination of external laboratory testing requirements, documentation of results, communication and corrective action of results which deviate from agreed specification.
- To carry out internal calibrations as per schedule to ensure they meet customer and legal requirements.
- To complete and update glass audits as per the schedule.
- To inform the Engineering Managers of any non-conforming equipment and follow up to ensure repair work is completed.
- To form part of the HACCP and internal auditing team and assist during customer and 3rd party visits.
- To assist the Technical Manager & QA Team Leader in fulfilling all aspects of customer and legal requirements.
- Proficient in IT tools (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ideally holding a Food Science or Technology qualification or experience in a similar role within a food manufacturing environment
- Some previous experience and/or knowledge of food safety standards (e.g. BRC), auditing and HACCP would be useful
- Excellent communication skills and a strong eye for detail
- Basic Food Hygiene & Level 2 HACCP
- Full UK driving license
- Well-developed analytical skills and numeracy
- Excellent organisation and time management skills essential, prioritising your tasks to contribute to the wider business objectives
- Ability to take responsibility and make decisions
- Significant understanding and interest in food manufacturing
- Ability to work under pressure and to be highly self-motivated
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.