The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
Are you looking to join an organisation where you can have your CIMA or ACCA studies paid for you?
We are recruiting one permanent role and one three month contract role available to start asap.
Gap Professional acting as an employment business are currently recruiting for a Qualified or Part Qualified Financial Accountant / Finance Manager to work on the outskirts of Yeovil, Somerset to join a market leading food production company. You will provide efficient and effective Financial Accountant support to the Finance and Management teams. Manage and lead the team on a day to day basis.
We are able to offer to pay for the remainder of qualification you are studying (CIMA / ACCA) if you are part qualified, all costs will be covered for you.
The annual salary is £35,000pa. Benefits include free parking onsite, 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays, pension and other benefits will be discussed. The role is full time Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm.
- Assist in the production of weekly reports within agreed timescales for submission.
- Prepare periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, bridges, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Provide a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions.
- Review budget spending monthly and provide variance analysis.
- Oversee daily costing analysis.
- Validate and ensure that transactions performed in systems within the business are translated into the financial ledgers correctly.
- Produce and provide accurate information and reports required by managers.
- Analyse financial performance and so contributing to medium and long-term business planning/forecasts.
- Provide professional judgement on financial matters and advising on ways of improving business performance.
- Interpret and communicate financial data to non-financial managers.
- Prepare KPI information on a weekly basis and communicate this to relevant stakeholders monthly.
- Prepare and provide financial information for month end process and audit in the form of a balance sheet folder.
- Preparation of site weekly management report.
- Management of fixed assets register ensuring all items are live and correctly depreciated.
- Ad hoc project work as required.
- To perform any other tasks and duties as requested by the Financial Controller.
- Deputise in the absence of Financial Controller.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may be required by site management.
- Carry out all procedures in a safe manner in accordance with the attached Health and Safety responsibilities
- Comply with company policy and procedure on safe food handling and hygiene at all times.
- Take responsibility for the training, development and management of the finance team on a day to day basis
Qualifications / Experience:
ACCA / CIMA Part or full Qualification
Experience of working as a Financial Accountant
Experience of working within a FMCG environment would be advantageous but not essential
Intermediate to Advanced IT skills
Setting the Direction
Focus on Delivery
Courage to Challenge
Impact and influence
Taking the lead
Developing our People
If you would like to apply then send your cv to email@example.com or call her on 01392 273665.