The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
Gap personnel acting as an employment business are currently recruiting for a quality control operative for one of our well-established clients based in Chippenham which are going through an exciting period of growth. These roles will be temporary with the view to go permanent.
Working hours will be on a fixed late shift:
1400-2200 Mon-Thur with an earlier shift of 1200-2000 on a Friday
Training will be on 0600-1400 for a minimum of two weeks
£8.23 per hour for the first twelve weeks in probation, once permanent the salary increases to £8.92 per hour + £0.16 attendance bonus per hour
Our client offers free on site parking, full training on shift, a friendly, relaxed and fun environment and you may even get some goodies to take home!
The role will be varied and you need to be comfortable working in a fast pace environment which due to the nature of the work does involve some manual handling. You will be responsible for but not limited to:
- To ensure that all food prepared is in compliance with Food Safety Standards and high standards of quality are maintained throughout the company.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of Company and Departmental procedures and policies.
- Ensure all production records are completed in a timely fashion and to the standards required.
- Maintain metal and plastics register and audit regularly.
- Carry out jewellery and foreign body checks in the production area at regular intervals.
- Assist Technical to follow up actions from monthly hygiene audits.
- Ensure glass breakage procedure is completed correctly.
- Ensure all metal/foreign body contaminated product is disposed of correctly, and paperwork is completed correctly.
- Assist with Technical and process projects.
- Ensure all non-conforming products are investigated and closed out within set timescales.
- Ensure all non-conformances are investigated and closed out within set timescales.
- Ensure production is working to the correct recipes which are updated as required.
- Assist the Technical Lead during food safety / customer audits and in maintaining working procedures.
- Monitor production hygiene and report any non-conformances.
- Assist Technical with monitoring Pest sightings to the external Pest Control contractor.
- Collect product samples for reference and testing.
- Conduct taste panels as required.
- Monitor and test finished product quality.
- Conduct daily scale calibration.
The ideal candidate:
- Be comfortable working within small teams
- Have strong communication skills
- Be able to follow instructions
- Have a good eye for detail
- Have your own transport due to location
Previous quality experience isn’t essential as full training will be provided