|Salary:||£11.10 per hour|
Our client on the Wrexham Industrial Estate is looking for a Quality Assurance Technician to join their team with an immediate start available.
The duties include:
- To manage and assist with the development of an effective quality assurance system, ensuring that Quality and Food Safety are appropriately managed to meet set objectives.
- To ensure that all finished products meet agreed specifications and investigate corrective actions in circumstances that the specification is outside the agreed parameters.
- To carry out all training required to meet the requirements of the role and to support in training to enable operatives to effectively and efficiently maintain the quality parameters to specification.
- To immediately report any incidences of poor manufacturing practice, H&S incidents or food safety concerns to any member of the Senior Management team.
- To follow and supervise safe and hygienic procedures regarding all equipment and the environment.
- To conduct environmental swabbing to verify the effectiveness of site hygiene practices and to communicate out of specification results to the QA Team Leader
- To check held stock on a daily basis and to release stock when required
- To sample and assess raw/finished products and communicate information to the production team, distribution, customer services and logistics team as appropriate.
Successful candidates will need:
- Proficient in IT tools (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ideally holding a Food Science or Technology qualification or experience in a QA role within a food manufacturing environment
- Ability to take responsibility and make decisions
- Significant understanding and interest in food manufacturing
- Ability to work under pressure and to be highly self-motivated
Hours of work are shift based, Monday – Thursday 6am-2pm / 12pm-8pm rotating and Friday 8am-4pm.
Occasional weekend work may be required from time to time to meet the needs of the business.
Hourly rate: £11.10