|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jamielea Howard|
£40,000 - £45,000
Days Only (Mon-Fri)
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Quality Engineer to work at their facility based near Wrexham
- Interact extensively with customers and internal departments to manage customer complaints and concerns. Lead problem solving, perform root cause analysis and develop corrective action plans. Write customer-facing 8D reports.
- Implement Statistical Process Control (SPC) and SAP Quality Management. This includes creating and updating Control Plans, monitoring results to ensure they are In Control and Capable, analysing data to help solve product and process issues, and escalating out-of-specification concerns to management.
- Develop and initiate standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation, utilising product, metrology and engineering knowledge. Conduct Measurement Systems Analysis (Gauge R&R studies).
- Conduct internal process and system audits. Participate during customer and 3rd party audits, including helping with preparation, guidance and closure.
- Participate in the Hazard & Risk Management (HARM) team activities and reviews.
- Coordinate activities with other Quality, Operations and Warehouse employees, using a team-oriented and collaborative approach.
- Observe all local and Company safety policies and procedures as well as housekeeping / 6S requirements.
- Comply with responsibilities and duties as described in the Operational Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures and all other Instruction Manuals.
- All other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager.
- Passionate about Safety, Product Safety and Quality.
- Assertive and not afraid to offer opinions and take action even if the position may be unpopular. Able to communicate confidently and effectively about Product Safety and Quality issues and concerns.
- Mature, reliable and dependable personality, able to self-motivate, to be productive and to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Energetic and possessing the stamina and endurance to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce.
- Meticulous attention to detail, precision and accuracy of work output; always willing to work to a very high standard, focused on Product Safety and Quality.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to compose customer communications and reports with correct grammar, structure and logic.
- Strong computer skills. Comfortable using MS Office software suite, MINITAB statistical software and interfacing with an ERP system. EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Qualified to a minimum of NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in an Engineering or Quality discipline. Knowledge of Math and Statistics. Must be able to apply appropriate use of statistical techniques.
- Very strong problem solving skills. Able to use creativity, experience and good judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must be able to travel periodically (up to 15%) to other group sites, customers and vendors.
- 5+ years prior Quality Engineering experience, including working knowledge of ISO9001: 2015 and BRC.
- Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- University Degree in an Engineering, Math or Science field.
- Experience in either Plastics manufacturing or Food Safety industry, working within a busy manufacturing environment.
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 11/06/2022