Our client based in Deeside is looking to recruit a Quality Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. Working on a food manufacturing site, reporting to the CEO, the Quality Manager will be responsible for leading the clients Quality Department. Working closely with all departments, the Quality Manager will provide GMP and regulatory expertise whilst ensuring the business is prepared for customer and regulatory audits and inspections.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Monday – Friday / 9am-5pm
- £35k-£45k per annum
- Ensure compliance and implementation of the Management Systems.
- Approving specifications, sampling instructions, test methods and other quality control procedures.
- Ensuring all necessary testing is undertaken on ingredients, packaging materials, facility processes and finished products.
- Evaluating batch records and approving/rejecting ingredients, packaging materials, and finished products.
- Approving and monitoring contracted analysis.
- Authorship and review of SOPs, Protocols and Risk Assessments, preparation and review of OOS investigations and deviation reports.
- Ensuring that all test methods used onsite have been validated appropriately and that test results are recorded and checked.
- Involvement in audits both from internal and external parties.
- Keep up to date with current literature, test method developments and regulatory requirements.
- Perform above activities in-house and with collaborating bodies as required liaising closely with the Operations Director.
- As part of the performance of this role the post holder will be exposed to sensitive information that must be kept confidential during and after employment in line with client processes and terms of employment.
- Work towards the corporate goals of the client.
- Comply with Health and Safety and GDP regulations.
- Experience (five years plus) of management in a quality environment.
- Experience hosting MHRA audits, other regulatory audits and customer audits.
- Extensive knowledge in a broad range of activities and quality systems.
- Knowledge of regulations and guidelines relating to GMP.
- Excellent oral (including presentation) and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain relationships internally and externally to the business.
- IT competent (including Microsoft office) and statistical analysis of analytical QC data.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work under their own initiative.
- Dedication to the role and the business exhibited through attendance and a willingness and desire to learn and take part in areas and projects outside of the scope of the role.
- Degree in relevant field / advanced degree preferable.
- Experience in GLP.
- Experience with food quality systems.
- Working as a member of a small team, experience with start-ups.
- An understanding of chemical food safety analysis and food matrix validation.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.