Undertake QA duties/activities to achieve the following objectives:
- To ensure that all finished products meet the agree specifications via chemical and microbiological analysis at agreed intervals.
- To ensure that all manufacturing activities are carried out in compliance with current legislation and company policies , standards operating procedures and GMP within the area of operation.
- Principle Accountabilities
- Undertake duties in line with company and legislative health and safety policies, procedures and requirements
- Undertake hygiene and housekeeping and GMP audits of the site as required by the company QA standards at the determined frequency with consideration given to standards achieved within start up procedures.
- Monitor documentation against specific tolerances and ensure operators comply with good manufacturing practices defined within the Quality Manual.
- Identify non-conforming products and ensure completion of a documented record in line with procedural requirements and company policy.
- Monitor achievement of the average weight system and take action where applicable.
- Respond to day-to-day occurrences and contribute to the implementation of future corrective action.
- Support raw material inwards procedure by reporting any ingredient quality variance or potential contamination risks via sampling/visual inspection as required by business needs/demands.
- Participate in the company’s continuous improvement program.
- Carry out duties within area of competence to support the needs of the business as directed by the immediate manager/supervisor.
- Undertake specific/ad-hoc QA work/tasks/projects as required by the Technical Manager and Sun Valley business progression.
- Achieve allocated work within agreed time scale
- Skills and Experience
The jobholder should have a minimum of 6 months experience within Sun Valley/or other manufacturer with related portfolio. He/she should have a basic knowledge of H.A.C.C.P and have obtained their Level 2 food hygiene certificate as a minimum. They should have a good understanding of process and packing compliance auditing.
The employee should be able to demonstrate a basic level of written communication skills and the ability to orally communicate with their peers and supervisors. They should also have the ability to understand mathematical principles including average, decimal places, percentages and metric weights. In addition he/she should be able to interpret graphs and analytical data.
The jobholder should have awareness of health and safety principles/requirements and more specifically, basic awareness of chemicals and COSHH.
The jobholder should have a basic understanding of microbiology, sensory evaluation and information technology when reviewing results and escalating any non- conforming results.
The individual should have basic investigative, judgement and decision making ability with the specific ability to respond to day-to-day occurrences and seek advice. The jobholder will also have basic customer awareness, time management and drive, with specific ability to build relationships internally within the organisation.
Jobholders should also have the ability and competency levels to carry out the ‘principal accountabilities’ as listed above and work to the relevant standard operating procedures.
QA Supervisor / Technical Manager forinformation regarding work schedule, priorities, advice etc.
Engineering PersonnelMaintaining QA Procedures / standards through regular communication.
Production PersonnelMaintaining QA Procedures / standards through regular communication.
Warehouse PersonnelMaintaining QA Procedures / standards through regular communication.
- Dimensions / Responsibilities
Material or Product Failure to undertake validation / quality checks that may result in processing of substandard products and loss of between 1 and 2 hours of isolated finished product production.
Equipment or PlantMedium value laboratory testing equipment.
- The jobholder should have a good level of general fitness.
- Visual or Mental Demands
- The position requires the ability to maintain a continually focused approach.
- Attention to detail is crucial during inspections/ verification checks and analysis work.
- Willing to develop and participate in internal and external training.
- Shift Conditions
The job holder should be flexible and be able to operate on a three shift system where required by the business.
Be able to operate within a minimum of two operations post training.
Available for weekend work based on a rota system.
70% factory, 30% lab and auditing.
Salary - Negotiable dependant on experience