|Salary:||£45,000 to £55,000|
|Reference:||RM - Stanwell|
Registered Children’s Home Manager – Learning Disabilities
Are you a knowledgeable and motivated Registered Children’s Home Manager, with experience of managing support services for children with Learning Disabilities?
If that sounds like you, I am currently recruiting for a Registered Children’s Home Manager based in the Stanwell, Surrey area – the successful candidate will assume the management of my client’s children’s residential service currently rated by Ofsted as “Good” and will be responsible for expanding the service, ensuring the best care is provided and striving to achieve an “Outstanding” by Ofsted.
Opportunities like this do not come around often where you will be able to join a children’s residential care company that is currently on a rapid expansion plan, with many progression opportunities arising as they expand allowing you to grow with the company.
Overview of Registered Children’s Home Manager
- Salary – £45,000 to £55,000 (Depending on Experience)
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent Position
- Shifts – Monday to Friday
- Area – Stanwell, Surry
Responsibilities of Registered Children’s Home Manager
- Assume the overall responsibility of my client’s children’s learning disabilities residential service based in the Stanwell, Surrey area.
- Onboarding and inducting of new staff members, as well as supporting existing team members’ professional development and ensuring they remain up to date with all relevant / required training.
- Maintain a developmental environment for the service users to thrive within, that aids in developing their independence and confidence during the most instrumental phase of their lives.
- Ensuring that the service users are always treated with the highest levels of respect and dignity and are always safeguarded.
- Responsible for the implementation of any new relevant Ofsted and local governing legislations or best practices as well as being the responsible individual for any Ofsted / relevant audits.
- Tendering for support packages from the local authority as well as promoting and growing the home.
- Managing the financial budgets for the service and ensuring profitability.
Skills Required of Registered Children’s Home Manager
- A secure knowledge of Ofsted legislations with a strong backing of previous successful Ofsted audits – achieving a rating of ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’
- The successful candidate will require previous experience in a management role within the children’s learning disabilities sector (EBD experience non-essential).
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills, you will be responsible for the service and as such it is essential that you have a fluid approach to management and ever-changing situations.
- Flexibility is a must; no two day are the same and you will be required to recognise when something is not working and be able to alter your approach accordingly.
- It is essential that you hold a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare (or equivalent).
- It is essential you hold a valid UK Driver’s License as you may be required to travel on an adhoc basis for training and representing the company.
Benefits of Registered Children’s Home Manager
- A competitive and market leading salary of up to £55,000 p.a.
- Grow with the company - opportunity to join a business that is on a rapid expansion with many career development opportunities to be available.
- Company pension enrolment.
- Inspection Rating bonus’.
The position of Registered Children’s Home Manager is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and driven individual to join a business that are rapidly growing at the moment and will be able to offer many progression and development opportunities. If you think you would be right for the position or would like some further information on the role, please get in touch with Joseph Haselgrove in our Peterborough office for a confidential chat.