|Reference:||PAC - RM - Maidstone|
|Contact Name:||Joseph Haselgrove|
Registered Manager - Maidstone
Are you an experienced and dedicated Registered Manager, with a secure understanding of managing a service that specialises in the care of service users with enduring mental health needs, autism and behaviours that challenge?
If that sounds like you, my client who is a national care provider is looking for a registered manager to join their transitional 7-bedded service in the Maidstone, Kent area supporting service users to live more independently in the community.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great care provider that is seriously passionate about their staff, and a service which is rated good in all areas by the CQC on their latest audit.
Overview of Registered Manager
- Salary – £39,000
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent Position
- Shifts – 40 Hours Per Week (Monday to Friday)
- Area – Maidstone, Kent
Responsibilities of Registered Manager
- Assume the overall responsibility of the service, being held accountable for the quality of the care service delivered, and for ensuring the service remains fully CQC compliant in line with the 5 principles as set out - Safe, Effective, Caring, Responsive and Well-Led.
- Onboarding and inducting of new staff members, as well as supporting existing team members’ professional development and ensuring they remain up to date with all relevant / required training.
- Maintain a developmental environment for the service users to thrive within, that aids in promoting their independence and ability to live as independently as possible in.
- Ensuring that the service users are always treated with the highest levels of respect and dignity and are always safeguarded.
- Responsible for the implementation of any new relevant CQC and local governing policies or best practices as well as being the responsible individual for any CQC / relevant audits.
- Managing the financial budgets and managing the capacity of the service.
Skills Required of Registered Manager
- A secure knowledge of relevant CQC guidelines and a strong backing of previous successful CQC audits – achieving a rating of ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’
- Due to the primary care type of the service, previous experience of working within a mental health specialised service would be desirable.
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills, you will be responsible for the service and as such it is essential that you have a fluid approach to management and ever-changing situations.
- Flexibility is a must; no two day are the same and you will be required to recognise when something is not working and be able to alter your approach accordingly.
- It is essential that you hold an NVQ level 5 in Leadership for Health and Social Care or the RMA Level 4 qualification.
- Hold a valid UK Driver’s License
Benefits of Registered Manager
- A competitive and market leading salary of £39,000.
- Cost coverage of an Enhanced DBS at time of appointment.
- Excellent induction and ongoing training opportunities (both internal and external).
- Fantastic cycle to work scheme – get a new bike and pay monthly from your salary!
- Free On-Site parking at the service location.
- Health and wellbeing support with an excellent Employee Assistance Program.
- Competitive pension options with leading client contributions.
- Excellent employee benefit scheme, with retail discounts offered across thousands of stores.
- Access to my client’s gym and wellness scheme – spread the cost of gym membership over 12 months and use your membership at health clubs, gyms, and more!
The position of Registered Manager is an excellent opportunity for the successful individual to work with a great company that has a fantastic culture along with excellent progression opportunities. If you feel you are right for the position or would like any further details, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Joseph Haselgrove in our Peterborough branch for a confidential chat.