Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, are you looking for a Registered Nurse to work with children and adults.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Meldreth, Cambridge/Hertfordshire, near Royston
Hours of work: 40 hours per week full time or part time a minimum of 24 hours per week
Salary: £31,000 - £35,000
The role will involve:
- Ensure the ongoing health, safety and well being of children and young adults that are learning in our clients care through the provision of high quality evidence based healthcare that promotes and supports healthy living and lifestyles and offers continuous monitoring of pre-existing conditions to maintain optimum health.
- You will be expected to continually access, plan, implement and evaluate individual healthcare needs and support the participation of the child or young person to contribute to the planning of their own healthcare needs.
- To facilitate nurse led health clinics at the school and administer medication safely and effectively; maintain accurate, clear and up to date records and responding quickly to any variance or deterioration in a child or young person’s health, applying knowledge and skills to manage symptoms and seeking advice when required.
- You will also be expected to ensure visiting clinicians attending the school are provided with up to date clinical information and reports as required.
- The role will give you a great opportunity to participate in standard setting, audit, data collection and quality reviews.
The Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
The successful candidate will be an autonomous practitioner, an innovative and creative professional with excellent clinical and communication skills who is passionate and committed to supporting the health, well being and skills development of children and young people and is likely to demonstrate the following:
- Current NMC Registration in one or more of the following disciplines; LD, RNMH, General Adult, Paediatrics at Diploma or Degree level
- Experience of working with children and young people with special education needs and high level support needs and high level support needs including behaviours that challenge
- Experience of working with ASD, PMLD and SLD
- Specialist clinical knowledge EG: Epilepsy, PEG/JEJ management, Sensory and complex, Childhood development needs
- Experience at safe medicines management
- The ability to work within a rota pattern including unsocial hours and weekends
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Closing date is 3rd May 2020.
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.