|Salary:||£21,000 - £26,000|
Our client based in the Deeside area have an exciting opportunity for a Retail Account Executive to join the sales team in assisting the Senior National Account Manager in managing major retail accounts and growing the business. The person we are looking for will be confident and friendly with some existing experience in sales and/or account management at a junior or support level. This role might also suit a skilled and professional sales support person or graduate, looking to advance their career in an account management direction. Progression to a Junior Account Manager position is entirely possible in time, for the right candidate. The ideal individual will be a team player, highly organised and able to manage their own workload and be able to work in a fast-paced sales environment with a positive, can do attitude. The ability to multi task and act on their own initiative is essential in this position. Training and support will be given in all areas of the role, but a drive to succeed and self-motivation will be key to success in this role.
- £21k - £26k per annum dependant on experience
- Monday – Friday / Office Hours
- Supporting the Senior National Account Manager in all aspects of customer account management, including the coordination of product development and launch projects.
- Handling general enquiries from customers.
- Assisting with preparation for and participating in customer meetings and food presentations.
- Co-ordinating samples.
- Helping to co-ordinate new product launches including creating and monitoring critical paths to ensure all timelines are met.
- Producing regular stock reports and monitoring packaging stocks.
- General account admin tasks such as raising new line forms
- Assisting with preparing commercial proposals and price models.
- Conducting market reviews and organising competitor product panels, including organising benchmark samples.
- Producing reports and meeting minutes.
- Experience in a customer-facing role in an account management or sales environment is essential.
- Experience in a fast-paced FMCG environment or similar (food or non-food) is highly desirable.
- A team player with a friendly and confident approach, willing to be flexible and help wherever needed.
- The ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and customers is essential.
- Must be highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and prioritise
- Strong communication skills
- Calm under pressure
- Self-motivated and able to act on own initiative
- Good at problem solving and a can-do attitude
- Driving license
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.