Our client based in the Deeside area have an exciting opportunity for a Retail Sales and Marketing Executive to join their team on a permanent basis. Working in the Sales Team you will assist the Head of Retail and Retail National Account Manager in managing major retail accounts and helping to deliver on-going ambitious growth targets. This is a fast-paced and evolving environment and our client's new team member will want to add value and make a positive difference. This role involves interaction with retail customers and the person we are looking for will be confident and friendly with a positive, can-do attitude. Existing experience in a sales and marketing support or administration function could be an advantage, but this role might equally suit a tenacious and ambitious graduate looking to develop a career in a retail sales direction. The ideal individual will be a team player, highly organised, able to manage their own workload and be able to work in a fast-paced sales environment. The ability to multitask and act on their own initiative is essential in this position. Training and on-going support will be given in all areas of the role, but a drive to succeed and self-motivation will be key to success in this role.
Pay & Hours of Work
- £22k - £30k per annum dependant on experience
- Monday - Friday / Office Hours
- Supporting the Head of Retail and National Account Manager in all aspects of customer account management.
- Direct customer interface and handling general customer enquiries.
- Helping to co-ordinate new product launches including creating and monitoring critical paths and working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure on time delivery of projects. Full training will be given in this area.
- Helping with background research and the management of new product development briefs.
- Co-ordinating sample requests.
- Assisting with the monitoring of packaging stocks and helping to manage range changes.
- General admin tasks, reporting and meeting minutes, including follow-up actions.
- Assisting with preparing commercial proposals and price models.
- Conducting market reviews and organising competitor product panels, including organising benchmark samples. This will require visits to supermarkets when lockdown restrictions allow.
- Involvement in range reviews, gap analysis projects and retail data analysis.
- Assisting with preparation for customer meetings and food presentations.
- Experience in a customer-facing role in a sales & marketing environment could be advantageous.
- Experience in a fast-paced FMCG environment or similar (food or non-food) is highly desirable.
- A team player with a friendly and confident approach, willing to be flexible and help wherever needed.
- The ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and customers is essential.
- Must be highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise.
- Strong communication skills.
- Calm under pressure.
- Self-motivated and able to act on own initiative.
- Good at problem solving and a can-do attitude.
- Driving license.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.