|Salary:||£50,000 - £60,000|
RF Hardware Design Engineer
Gap Professional are looking for permanent Systems Engineers (Requirements Management) for our client, a Global Engineering Services provider who has a growing Electronics, Systems and Software engineering capability in the UK geared to support our customers in their co-located team based in Basildon for their client, a global defence industry leader.
The RF Hardware Design Engineer will be engaged in a wide variety of RF systems operating at or near X band covering all aspects of development from early design through system integration.
Candidates with a good understanding of all aspects of RF hardware design relating to lifecycle processes and methodologies should apply. Specific experience in radar sensing system design and implementation is particularly sought after for this role; with frequencies at X-band and above plus active-electronically scanned solutions being our primary interest.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Agree module level requirements ensuring coherence with the system
- Lead the design of assigned modules
- RF design support to assigned modules and wider system
- Work with centralised ECAD department to release manufacturing data packs
- Support to module assembly and test
- Support system integration and test
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- A degree in Electronic Engineering (preferable) or related science (eg Physics) with preferably some specialisation in electronic techniques.
- Strong analogue & mixed-signal RF circuit design experience including use of Keysight ADS and/or the Mentor Graphics toolset
- Extensive experience of PCB development tools and process (preferably Mentor Graphics).
- Experience of working at X Band and higher.
- Proven track record in successful development of RF modules spanning from design to board integration within the overall system.
- Design of engineering solutions taking into account all requirements such as product quality, safety, reliability and testability.
- Present robust engineering solutions at design and peer reviews to ensure technical accuracy of specifications, designs and reports.
- Experience of DFx (designing for cost, test and manufacturability)
- Knowledge of Linear and Switching Power Supply Design and EMC Filter Design would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Matlab and Simulink would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of DOORS would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Ansoft HFSS or equivalent would be beneficial.
- UK citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain SC clearance. Due to the nature of work, sole UK nationality is required to enable full UK SC security clearance
- Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage
gap professional are acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of its client
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
- maintenance engineer
Up to £41600 per annum
- Product Engineer
£45,000 - £50,000
- Maintenance Engineer - Electrical
Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
Up to £30 per hour
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
£38000.00 - £42000.00 per annum
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Up to £34500.00 per annum