|Salary:||£12,507 to £12,757 (DOE)|
|Reference:||KIS - Caretaker|
|Contact Name:||Joseph Haselgrove|
School Caretaker (Part Time)
I am currently recruiting for an exciting position within an infant school, based in the Norwich, Norfolk area for a keen and motivated Caretaker to join my client’s team on a part time basis.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and professional individual with a knowledge of Health and Safety and other relevant legislations that is able to provide a high standard of premises management and ensure that the school site remains well maintained and secure at all times.
It is essential that you are a self-starter that is able to work independently as there will be times you will be working without direct supervision, therefore previously working in a similar role within a school or related environment will be beneficial however is not essential.
- Salary – £12,507 to £12,757 (Depending on Experience)
- Hours of Work – Part Time Permanent Position
- Shifts – 25 Hours Per Week > Monday to Friday (1PM to 6PM)
- Area – Norwich, Norfolk
- Provide a high standard of premises management, assuming overall responsibility for ensuring that the school site remains well maintained and secure.
- Ensuring that the school site remains fully compliant with health and safety and other relevant legislations.
- Carrying our DIY repairs and routine maintenance on the site, as well as liaising with external contractors where applicable and for more serious work.
- You will take on lead key holder responsibilities and will be responsible for locking the school site each evening.
- Using a proactive approach to maintenance, through completing regular spot checks and monitoring previous repairs for recurring issues.
- Exceptional organisation skills are a must, as you can be balancing many jobs at a time and you must be able to prioritize the most urgent without losing track of the minor repairs.
- The ability to work in an ever-changing work environment where no two days are the same is vital for success.
- Ability to work on your own initiative, being a self-starter is essential as you will not be directly supervised whilst working.
- Have a secure understanding of health and safety in the workplace the legislations.
- Experience in DIY style maintenance and repairs with the ability to use common tools such as hammers, saws, drills, and wrenches.
- A competitive salary of between £12,507 to £12,757 (Depending on Experience).
- Long term employment with a well-established company that truly values its employees.
- 24 Days Holiday Per Annum (Increasing to 29 for continued service) + B/H.
- DBS paid for by the client at time of appointment.
- Training Provided to the successful candidate to increase their knowledge and skills in the industry.
The position of School Caretaker is an exciting opportunity whether you are an experienced individual or newer to the industry where you will be working in a diverse role where no two days will be the same! If you feel you are right for the position please apply within, if you would like any further details please do not hesitate to get in touch with Joseph Haselgrove in our Peterborough branch for a confidential chat.