gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Permanent Senior Acousto Optic Product Engineer
Hours of work: 37.5 hours Monday to Friday
As part of the Product Engineering team you will have responsibility for meeting business performance commitments to key stakeholders for Fibre-Q and Acousto Optic components. Overall responsibility and accountability for all aspects of NPI projects assigned following the NPI process, product, and process design. Adhere to the product development strategy which provides the site with the market offerings to meet the business growth objectives. Support other areas of the business with Project, Product, Design and Process Engineering skills when required.
- Perform all aspects of Product Engineering through the NPI and engineering change process to deliver robust designs and processes to Manufacturing, with a full understanding of product performance, test, applications, material implications, project costs and design for manufacture.
- Facilitate and support the infeed from the development team to drive corporate strategy of moving up the value chain and delivering new components to the market.
- Full responsibility for delivering Fibre-Q product variants, having a high level of knowledge with regards to the customer needs and being able to deliver and communicate at a high technical level.
- Ensure that all projects assigned are fully auditable to the current site accreditations and work with quality manager to implement any suggested quality improvements
- Support the commercial demands of the business and in some instances take the lead with customer communication.
- Meet deadlines and maintaining clear communication with all stakeholders.
- Have a full understanding and up-to-date knowledge of the NPI process as well as the requirements of our current (ISO9001) and future (AS9100) quality management systems.
- Appropriate deployment of NPI processes, meeting all design milestone objectives.
- Drive and report on all assigned projects using tools such as Gantt Charts, Actions lists etc.
- Support the technical investigation phase for the RMA (Product Returns) process for Fibre-Q and AO products.
- Timely and correct classification and distribution of assigned Product Configurations including Bill of Materials.
- Support and challenge Manufacturing Engineering with regards to cost reduction of processes.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Knowledge of fibre optics, photonics, acousto optics and its applications.
- Understand the business system tools, ERP/MRP, NPI, Engineering Change, Modelling software and complete all related activities against company procedures.
- Be fully versed in project KPIs and understand how actions and project cost, product quality and on time delivery effect site performance
- 5+ years’ experience in an engineering role.
- Experience in optics/photonics preferable.
- Experience in technical design, test, process development and project management.
- Proven internal presentation skills.
- Experience in manufacturing and product development environment essential.
Closing date is 28th February 2021
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future