|Contact Name:||Joseph Haselgrove|
Senior Care Worker
We have just had an exciting opportunity come available for a keen and motivated Senior Care Worker to join our well-established client based in the Milford, Derbyshire area. As a Senior Care Worker, you will play a key role in supporting elderly service users with varying levels of physical impairments and dementia.
The rewards of this position are incomparable to that of any other as you will be helping to improve the quality of life of the service users on a daily basis.
Our client is looking for keen individuals that will uphold their high standards of care and take pride in the service that they provide.
- Salary - £20,221.50 Per Annum.
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent Position.
- Shifts – 07:30AM to 21:00PM (37.5hrs per week) – working 3 days each week.
- Area – Milford, Derbyshire.
Responsibilities of Senior Care Worker
- Support the deputy manager and registered manager to ensure that the home complies with relevant legislation and care standards applicable to the home.
- Assisting the management with relevant audits and visits from regulatory and governing bodies, ensuring that follow ups and points raised are actioned.
- Control the medication kept within the home and ensure that it is prescribed according to drug type, dose, time, and whom it is given and completing relevant medication documentation with 100% accuracy to ensure safety and compliance.
- Liaise with doctors and external medical professionals in relation to medical condition and treatment plans.
- Take overall responsibility of the daily routine of the shift, liaising with senior management and the registered nurses.
- Mentoring and training new staff, as well as ensuring that existing staff remain competent in relation to pre-set care and safety standards.
- Create, Update and Adhere to care plans ensuring that they are kept accurate and up to date at all times, with any amendments made.
- Take residents on outings as per their care routines.
- Ensure that the residents are always treated with the utmost dignity and respect at all times and safeguard the service users.
- Complete frequent safety checks on the home such as fire safety, and risk assessments ensuring that the home manager is aware of any issues highlighted.
Skills Required of Senior Care Worker
- A genuine interest and passion for care work priding yourself on the service you provide in helping service users to progress and develop.
- It is essential that you are a team player as you will be working closely with all levels of the support team to provide the best care possible.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) as you will be responsible for accurate and frequent record keeping on the service users.
- Basic IT skills will be beneficial.
- There can be times when the position can be very challenging, and so resilience is an essential skill – However the team are always there to help and work together.
- Experience working with elderly service users.
- Either reside in or have the ability to travel to Milford, Derbyshire.
- You will be required to hold a NVQ Level 3 in health and Social Care as a minimum.
Benefits of Senior Care Worker
- A competitive salary – £20,221.50
- Enrolled into Pension scheme.
- For those that want to grow and develop, exciting career progression opportunities are always available.
- Fully funded DBS check at time of appointment.
- Following successful appointment, relevant training and courses will be provided for advancement.
The position of Senior Care Worker is an incredibly rewarding position where you make a difference every day you go to work. If you feel you are right for the position and are happy to travel to Milford, Derbyshire or want any further details, please do not hesitate to contact Joseph Haselgrove at our Peterborough office for a confidential chat.