|Location:||Wigan, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||Up to £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte Tyrer|
Senior Process Engineer
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Senior Process Engineer to work at their facility based near Wigan
- Reduce downtime by identifying the root cause and driving the implementation of corrective actions.
- Drive up production yields through the optimisation of equipment with the development of standard procedures, enhancing line performance and product quality and ensure the achievement of all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Evaluate current production activities with the use of statistical analysis tools to identify variation in the production process and use to drive improvement.
- Define and implement effective process monitoring tools and techniques to fully quantify process characteristics and monitor process variation.
- Lead cross-functional teams in troubleshooting chronic or acute processing or quality related issues.
- Evaluate products for manufacturability and provide technical guidance for the implementation of corrective/preventative actions.
- Working directly with line operators & supervisors, quality & maintenance technicians to ensure optimum production rates and maintain high quality standards.
- Working with our Commercial and Research & Development teams to evaluate and validate new materials into either existing or new products.
- Working with Project Engineers to validate and optimize new or modified equipment.
- Support commissioning of new equipment within the manufacturing environment ensuring compliance with Health & Safety standards, implementation of SOP's along with necessary training requirement.
- Support the development and introduction of an effective preventative maintenance system.
- Ensure machinery compliance inline with directives and British Standard, ensure all risk assessments are complete for new work equipment, manual handling operations and process procedures.
- Identify and introduce best practice manufacturing methods into production.
- Identify capital investment requirement for inclusion in the forward plan.
- Keep pace with changes in technology and available equipment.
- Willing to travel to develop a close working relationship with operation team and sister manufacturing site in USA.
- Have a good understanding of extrusion - based systems, liquid and solid feed systems, and flexible web systems.
- Lead engineers and operators, through example and mentorship, in solving high priority challenging problems leveraging your advanced problem solving, creativity and leadership skills.
- Participate in and/or initiate cross functional teams in the pursuit of continuous improvement, problem solving, and mistake - proofing quality systems.
- Work with relevant managers' coordinators and external suppliers to identify new methods and equipment to improve machine efficiencies.
- Review work equipment, machine condition reports and maintenance activities to identify improvement actions and eliminate problems.
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 16/12/2021