|Salary:||Up to £25,500|
|Contact Name:||Joseph Haselgrove|
Senior Residential Support Worker – Children’s Services
Are you an experienced Senior Residential Support Worker with a proven track record of supporting service users with Learning Disabilities.?
If this is you, I am currently recruiting for Senior Residential Support Workers to join my client based in the Wistaton area of Cheshire - As a Senior Residential Support Worker, you will be supporting children with complex needs, assisting those with behavioural, emotional, and learning difficulties.
This will be a challenging role; however, the rewards of this position are incomparable to other positions as you will be making a difference every single day, supporting young persons during their most influential part of their lives!
This is a fantastic opportunity where you can make a difference to people’s lives daily!
- Salary - £23,800 to £25,500
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent Position.
- Shifts – 169 Hours Per Month / Day Shifts (with 6 to 10 sleep-ins per month) / Shift Pattern 2 in, 4 off or 1 in, 2 off
- Area – Wistaton, Cheshire
- Collaborating and working with all levels of the support staff team, to always protect and safeguard the service users.
- Participating in a range of fun and exciting recreational events both held within the home and the wider local community.
- Assisting with tasks related to the care service you will be providing such as cooking, cleaning and more.
- Establishing constructive and energetic relationships with the service users; ensuring they are always treated with the upmost respect and dignity.
- Altering your approach to guarantee that you meet the physical, emotional, and cultural needs of the service users you will be supporting.
- Continually maintaining clear, accurate and up to date records of the service users you will be working with.
- Liaise with other healthcare professionals, with subjects related to the care of the service users.
- Provide a supportive environment for the service users to meet their full potential.
- Administer medication in accordance with legal requirements and internal policies, book in received medication, participating in medication audits.
- A genuine interest and passion for care work priding yourself on the service you provide in helping service users to progress and develop.
- There can be times when the position can be very challenging, and so resilience is an essential skill – However the team are always there to help and work together.
- It is essential that you are a team player as you will be working closely with all levels of the support team to provide the best care possible.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) as you will be responsible for accurate and frequent record keeping on the service users.
- Basic IT skills will be beneficial.
- Hold a NVQ Level 3 in Residential Childcare, additional qualifications related to care would be beneficial for your application.
- Experience working with service users with learning disabilities is essential.
- Hold a valid UK driver’s license.
- A competitive salary of £23,800 to £25,500.
- Long term employment with a company that will invest in your future.
- Relevant training courses provided for advancement of your knowledge in the industry.
- Many exciting progression opportunities available.
- Fee meals whilst on shift
- Employee discount scheme
- Paid DBS at time of appointment
- Access to Covid-19 vaccine
- Employee assistance programme
The position of Senior Residential Support Worker is an incredibly rewarding position where you will be making a difference to young person’s lives every day! If you feel you are right for the position and are happy to travel to the Wistaton area please apply within, if you would like any further details please get in contact with Joseph Haselgrove in our Peterborough office for a confidential chat.