|Contact Name:||Joseph Haselgrove|
Senior Support Worker
Are you an experienced Senior Support Worker with experience of supporting service users with Learning Disabilities currently looking for a new role with a company that will invest in your profession growth and development?
If so, I am currently recruiting on the behalf of my well-established client with a portfolio or supported living services for a keen and motivated Senior Support Worker to join their friendly and compassionate team based in the Shalbourne, Wiltshire area.
The successful candidate will have experience of supporting service users with Learning Disabilities and will be passionate about caring for others always ensuring that the service users are kept at the heart of everything you do.
- Salary – £22,900 p.a.
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent Position
- Shifts – Day Shift, 37 Hours Per Week (May Include Occasional Sleep-Ins)
- Area – Shalbourne, Wiltshire
- Uphold my client’s high standards of care and ensuring that the service users are kept at the forefront of everything you do, priding yourself on the care you provide.
- Ensuring that you work with a person-centred approach, all of the service users are individuals and have their own needs and requirements and as such a blanket approach will not ensue success.
- Assist the Home Manager and Deputy Manager with the general day to day running of the service and the supervision of staff on rota.
- Act as a responsible role model for other members of staff on the shift and supporting the staffing team in their duties when required.
- Develop professional and constructive relationships with the service users and their families.
- Adhering to strict policies and guidelines within the health and social care industry (both internal and external) with a working knowledge of them.
- Ensure that a positive and imaginative approach is adopted by the support team to develop a culture that will support the physical and emotional needs of the service users.
- Arrange and actively participate in the organisation and carry out of events and day trips.
- Liaise with external healthcare professionals with matters related to the care of the service users.
- Either hold, be currently studying or willing to complete a Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) as you will be responsible for accurate and frequent record keeping on the service users.
- Hold a full UK driving license.
- You will be required to be flexible as the shifts can include working some weekends, bank holidays and the occasional sleep-in.
- A genuine interest and passion for care work priding yourself on the service you provide in helping service users to progress and develop.
- There can be times when the position can be very challenging, and so resilience is an essential skill – However the team are always there to help and work together.
- It is essential that you are a team player as you will be working closely with all levels of the support team to provide the best care possible.
- Experience supporting service users with Learning Disabilities is desired however not required.
- Competitive salary of £22,900
- Long term employment with a company that will invest in your future
- Both Internal and External training provided for professional growth and development
- Excellent overtime opportunities
- Full funded DBS check at time of appointment
- For those that wish to grow their career excellent progression opportunities are always available.
The position of Senior Support Worker, is an incredibly rewarding position where you make a difference every day you go to work. If you feel you are right for the position and are happy to travel to Shalbourne, Wiltshire or want any further details, please do not hesitate to contact Joseph Haselgrove at our Peterborough office for a confidential chat.