|Job Type:||All Considered|
|Contact Name:||Kasia Kardas|
gap personnel acting as an employment agency are currently recruiting for Setter for an immediate start for our client based in Whittlesey. These roles are temporary with permanent roles available for the right candidates.
Monday - Friday
0800 - 1700
- Daily running of moulding machines in line with Mould shop capacity plan.
- To monitor machine utilization for all shifts using Thingtrax monitoring system.
- Updating Thingtrax to indicate machine status i.e, running, tool change, sampling etc.
- Check during shifts that all available machines are running. Reporting to senior setter or Shift Manager any issues which effect machine running.
- Carry out tool changes to achieve maximum utilization in conjunction with mould shop plan and running priority.
- Promote SMED principles to achieve rapid tool changes.
- Monitor tool changes per shift and durations, identify areas for improvement.
- Target worst case cycle times and install improvement actions. Once worst cases are actioned move to next level with overall objective of all machines being within quoted cycle times.
- Check daily quality issues with quality department/inspectors and plan corrective actions.
- Identify any training required: liaise with Shift manager on personal improvements.
- Carry out setting-conditioning / tool hanging to maximize machine running performance.
- Conduct and or participate in problem solving actions where appropriate.
- Record data relevant to process controls (setting sheet), process improvements and best practices.
- Liaise with Shift manager and Production manager on any issues or management support requirements.
- Promote 5S principles and best practices.
- Ensure working areas are left in neat and tidy condition on completion of task.
- Perform any other duties as requested within the scope of your ability and in pursuance of the company objectives.
Health and Safety
- Ensure all duties are performed in a safe and efficient manner within the parameters of current Health and Safety legislation (HASAW Act 1974).
- Understand and carry out individual responsibility.
- Notify immediately, any accidents, near misses or hazards and assist in any investigation,
- Use and maintain in good condition, protective equipment provided for personal safety.
- Always keep work area clean & tidy and free from obstructions.
To apply for this position, please press ‘apply now’ button, call on 01733 606 246 or Message/WhatsApp " WRS1" on 07814 878966