The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
Gap Personnel Group, who are operating as an employment business are currently looking to recruit a Shovel Driver for one our well-established client based in St Helens. Temp to Perm Position.
Immediate Starts Available
You will be responsible for operating one of 2 loading shovels on site, along with a counterbalance FLT. You will also be responsible for keeping all output material bays within agreed stock levels and load all outgoing vehicles in line with operating procedures.
- To undertake the mechanical loading of glass material into our new Glass Cullet Production Facility, as directed by the Process Supervisors.
- To undertake the manual loading of all finished products on to various outgoing vehicles ensuring maximum allowed weight is loaded with even weigh distribution.
- Operate the Front-End Loading Shovel, Forklift Truck and all other plant for which you are trained and authorised to operate safely and competently.
- Understand and comply with current Health and Safety legislation, QA procedures, site licence regulations, agreed Codes of Practice and any other statutory and legal requirements
- Ensure maximum throughput of plant in line with operating procedures
- Routine maintenance and cleaning of plant and equipment, including daily checks and reporting defects to the Shift Supervisor.
- Keep the site in a reasonable clean and tidy condition at all times by undertaking housekeeping duties
- Complete machine hours, defect sheets and other related paperwork to the required standards
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Relevant training for Loading Shovel & Counterbalance FLT ie NPORS is essential
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Ability to communicate effectively within a team
- Work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Reliable, punctual and customer orientated
Shift: Monday to Friday 6am - 2pm and 2pm - 10pm
Pay rate: £9.69ph
If you would like to apply for this role please call our office on 01925 414555 or alternatively send your CV
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job