Our client based in the Warrington area are currently looking to recruit a Site Coordinator to join their team on a permanent basis. Providing our clients customer with a fully integrated service and products package, your key responsibility will be to initially plan, control and carry out fluid management activities. Your role will include customer liaison, reporting, projects, ordering of lubricants and cutting fluids, scheduling and completion of work, project management, reporting of activities, and condition monitoring of fluids and plant.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Monday – Friday / 39 hours per week
- £23k per annum
- Manage work schedule and site technician in line with agreed scope of work.
- Daily communication with customer, project management, daily reporting.
- Verify and implement lubrication schedule.
- Lubricate machine tools.
- Schedule, co-ordinate and carry out wash systems & machine tool soluble oil clean-outs.
- Comply with site requirements for waste and empty container segregation.
- Reporting of fluid usage, trend analysis and fluid management activities.
- Fluid condition monitoring and on-site testing.
- Maintain working stock levels of lubricants, both Fuchs products and second tier.
- Supervise deliveries and manage stores.
- Supporting and initiating CI initiatives.
- Participate in monthly Review KPI Review meetings and quarterly management reviews.
- Establish and maintain 5S working standards.
- Identify areas for improvement and manage agreed changes.
- Scheduling routines & reporting data for customer.
- Condition Monitoring analysis & Interpretation (CENT).
- To understand “Risk Management” RAMS.
- Involved with Continuous Improvement Projects
- Site Management (oversee all aspects of customers business)
- Setting up and maintaining 5S Standards.
- To have good IT Skills using Excel spreadsheets, Word, PowerPoint.
- Must have relevant experience in engineering maintenance and/or manufacturing.
- Possess previous supervisory experience.
- PC literate.
- In addition, the importance of strong customer relations means you must have excellent communication skills.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.