Salary: £50,000 + car allowance + package
gap technical are working in partnership with an expanding Principal Contractor, boasting a large portfolio of projects across the North West. They are looking to take on a Site Manager to support delivery on a large high-rise project in Liverpool.
- Administer the Contract with the Sub-Contractors.
- To work within a highly motivated team managing the fit-out of apartment construction through to completion and handover, liaising with the client's representatives to ensure a high standard of finish.
- Monitor and coordinate works between various fit-out contractors including carrying out inspections to ensure I&TP's are in place and being adhered to, recording snagging on Fieldview and ensuring all works are competed as per the Contract.
- Be fully aware of:
- The legal and project HSE requirements associated with the works and ensure that they are fulfilled by the Contractor.
- HSE duties and responsibilities and ensure that these are implemented.
- Monitor performance of the Contractor and verify that the works are executed in accordance with the latest issue of the Contract documents. Implement the construction quality surveillance and monitoring program.
- Read, understand and implement the requirements of the Construction Project Procedures.
- Monitor the Contractor's progress against the accepted baseline schedule.
- Identify potential claims from the Contractor and take measures to mitigate these.
- Evaluate claims; ensure that they are well documented, processed and settled as soon as possible.
- Ensure that relevant information is recorded in accordance with contract and project requirements and retained for future reference and turnover to the Client.
- Facilitate and encourage the Contractor's interface coordination with other contractors and rapid resolution of any conflicts.
- Monitor the status of correspondence to and from the Contractor and act to promote timely responses to and closure of any open items.
- Ensures that the Contractor addresses and plans for contract completion and close-out activities.
- Coordinate meetings with various parties and ensure that brief accurate minutes of every meeting are recorded, issued and agreed by all participants.
- Ensure that the project engineers and other staff are familiar and in compliance with the project as well as corporate requirements and procedures.
- Regularly identify and evaluate construction activities that have significant risks and establish measures to manage these.
- Develop and implement a Project Execution Plan and monitor contract safety, quality, schedule and cost performance indices.
- Provide weekly reports to the Project Management team.
Work Experience / Expectations
- Excellent knowledge of the construction process.
- Good level of experience managing trades during the internal fit-out of apartments.
- Has a minimum of 5 years' experience working within the role.
Qualification / Health & Safety Requirements
- Educated to HNC/HND level in construction or equivalent.
- First Aid.
- A valid CSCS card.
- Sets high standards and ensures they are well communicated to the wider team.
- Demonstrates a passion and excitement for his/her work.
- Tackles problems head-on and resolves without delay.
- Shares knowledge, ideas and expertise with others.
- Is committed to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- 25 Days holiday, EAP, Company Pension Scheme, Ride to Work Scheme, PMI, Car Allowance, Group Life Insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan
Please send your CV and call Chris Roche at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 29/02/2020